Stanford 24 USC 23 FINAL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sonof504, Oct 6, 2007.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm not nearly done with him.:D

2. sonof504

sonof504 Founding Member

JDB has to be one of the worst QB's in the NCAA. How can you fail with that O-line/talent? man

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

LOL! You are required to update us on any new developments.

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

No joke! Having to play at Tulane at 11:00 in the morning, how do you get up for that!? I mean, it's old news, but Tulane completely outplayed LSU in the first half. They were preparing for that game ALLLLL season. However, we did bust them up in the second half. It's not hard though, to lose a clearly inferior team--especially a conference foe. This season is a testament to that! I'm still pulling for SC to win out so that we can play them. Hell, we may lose a game, so we still might get a chance to play them in another BCS bowl.

5. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Stanford-USC is exactly why I did not understand the sentiment of disappointment in LSU's season-opening road victory against Mississippi State. Anytime you face a conference opponent, especially on the road early in the season, it has the possibility of becoming a historic upset.

So you take any win you can get no matter the venue, the opponent, nor the point in the season. Especially when you have a bullseye tatted on your chest.

Makes you appreciate this football club and its head man all the more, I think.

Brian
    ~Go Tigers!~

6. The40Acres

The40Acres Founding Member

He he. Like someone said earlier, I expected USC to lose a game this year (Oregon or Cal IMO) but not Stanford. Can't say i'm sad though LOL.

BTW, i'm new to the forum, yes, i'm a Texas fan. Y'all probably don't like my team, but I do like LSU. Geaux Tigers. If we can't do it this season, geaux LSU.

7. SabanFan

It doesn't look like he's in the mood to do battle:

SF-Media perception is the reason USC was so entrenched at the top. The computers look at things objectively and they are now 20th in most of those polls. You do not lose to a 41 point underdog and remain in NC contention. Last year, USC beat a vastly overrated Michigan team in the Rose Bowl and, suddenly they were ordained as the best team ever and Booty was the Heisman front-runner. They put an average beating on a horrible Idaho team (38-10) then pasted an equally horrible Nebraska team to confirm the media’s man-love feelings for Petey and the boys. Next, they hung on to beat so-so Washington by 3. Now, some voters are thinking “wait a minute? LSU beat a better than predicted Miss State by 45, humiliated Top 10 (at the time) Virginia Tech, did the same to top 10 (at the time) South Carolina and trashed Tulane by 25, despite still being asleep at the 11:00 kickoff.” (NOTE: You do not have to play well to beat 40 point dogs on the road). About half of the writers decided to make LSU #1 despite the howls of protest from the other half. They figured they would wait a week and leapfrog their beloved condoms back into their rightful place after they put a butt whipping on the Cardinal and Urban Meyer, Tim Tebow and company gave the paper tigers their come-uppance.

Well, now, lookey here! Trojan fans now know what LSU fans have known all along. Booty sucks and USC ain’t all that and a bag of chips. LSU, meanwhile, has been begrudgingly admitted into the rankings slot heretofore reserved only for Pete Carroll to hold while awaiting Charlie Weis’ eventual return of Notre Dame to glory (which will likely begin with a beat-down of USC). I’d say it started Saturday, except they beat a Pac 10 team which isn’t exactly a huge accomplishment.

Condom Fan- We're still better.

8. SabanFan

OK, he's waking up now:

Condom Fan-Florida is better than LSU and shouild have won at LSU. If the game was at the Swamp Florida wins . Hopefully they'll get a chance to play in the SEC Champ game.

SF-Florida is OK. Tebow is very good. There's really only one way to determine which team is better and that is to play head to head. Florida now has 2 losses and has a hill to climb to make the Championship Game. But, if you say Florida is better, OK. We'll try and take that into account while we're trying to decide how badly Stanford would have beaten USC if the game had been played at Palo Alto.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

He's a witty one, heh?

Oh, and welcome 40acres. We tolerate ALL types here...even Alabama fans.:hihi: