Stanley Roberts?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu99, Feb 20, 2003.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Now that he is reinstated, are the 76ers going to sign him or will he play with another team? What kind of shape is he in? Is he a decent guy or just a guy with a lot of problems, or both?

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I heard somewhere that the Lakers might pick him up to give Shaq some relief. I would imagine that he is out of shape and would need show time to get into game shape.

His main problem is lacking a desire to be the best in the game. Dale Brown thought he would be better than Shaq in the long run but Stanley just wasn't as motivated as Sahq was. He seems like a decent guy who likes to use drugs every now and then.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

4. -T-

-T- Founding Member

you should read a great 8 page Sports Illustrated article about Stanley Roberts. I'm not sure what issue but it was within the last 2 months. Talks about his high school, college, and pro years. Also compares the two paths he and shaq have taken. He just does not have dedication to anything. Just goes throgh life not caring. If people screw him, he doesn't care at all. Just lets things happen.

5. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

He needed a mentor.......or a counselor