Star Gazing

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hawker45, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Here's some info I pulled off my little data base for the SEC.

Someone asked how I knew LSU ran the fewest plays of any division I team last year... well, my data base told me!!

Anyway, we pulled down the number of 4 and 5 star recruits each SEC team has recruited from the 2006 class through 2009... we didn't add in the 2010 class, as they are all incoming freshmen this year. Also keep in mind these numbers only account for 4 and 5 star recruits according to Rivals.com and does not include kids who may have since been injured, transferred, kicked off, or may have gone pro after their junior year.

Here are the number of four and five star rival recruits each SEC school brought in during the past four years:

Florida 69
    LSU 63
    Bama 62
    Georgia 56
    Aub 43
    SC 41
    Tenn 36
    Miss 27
    Arky 24
    Miss St 17
    Ky 8
    Vandy 1

Based on this, there is NO DOUBT you will play Florida in the SEC Championship this year!!!

Good news is great, ain't it??

Btw, when you play UNC, they have recruited 32 four and five stars in the past four years..... West Virginia, 12.

Nationally, LSU is third behind Florida and Southern Cal... Texas is 5th after Bama with 57.

Boise State, oddly enough, has 0 four or five star recruits in the past four years.

1 person likes this.
  2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

So there shouldn't be any excuses eh? ;)

Nice work.

3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Thanks Hawker, that pretty much jives with what I was thinking. Fla. has had some pretty gaudy classes, with more 5* than anyone. But when you combine 4's plus 5's, LSU pulls almost even.

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Yep, 5 stars are a little harder to come by.... using the same four year recruiting stretch from Rivals, USC has brought in 17 five stars, Florida has 15, LSU 10, Bama 9, tOSU 8, Texas and ND have 7 each, FSU has 6, Georgia, Oklahoma and Michigan 5, and Miami 4.

We don't know what a 5 star is at Iowa. We've had two this decade. Kyle Williams in 2003, who lasted about three weeks on campus before Ferentz kicked him off the team for undisclosed reasons. He transferred to Purdue where he raped two women on the same night and was arrested attempting a third... doing time now.
    Then Dan Doering, the top rated tackle in the country in 2005... was at Iowa 5 years, never started a game.... yet we have multiple walk-ons and two stars playing in the pros... go figure!!

Have you had any five star failures at LSU?

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

The name Perrilloux ring a bell?? :lol:

Also, Xavier Carter.

6. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Carter was a failure. Ryan Perrilloux wasn't a bust.

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Maybe he means out of those four classes?

:eek::eek:

That's hard to believe.

Maybe he means out of those four classes?

2006 - Keiland Williams, Al Woods
    2007 - Terrance Toliver, Chad Jones
    2008 - Patrick Peterson, Deangelo Benton
    2009 - Rueben Randle, Craig Loston, Chris Davenport, Russell Shepard

I wouldn't call any of those busts, although Deangelo Benton never made it to campus.

And wow, I forget how stacked that 2009 class was. As ballyhooed as the 2011 class has been, do we really think it will surpass that class?

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

He absolutely was! It is a failure of epic proportions when the #1 player in the class sees that little action on the field, and doesn't even make it to his Junior year. No, he wasn't a failure when he was on the field, but considering the cancer he became, and the fact that he finished his college career at Jacksonville St.......= BUST.

Add to that this fact. Even after his departure, the team suffered for two years trying to replace the BUST that was supposed to be "the chosen one". I have no respect for that sucka, and BUST is one of the nicest things I can say about him.

9. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

He was a failure, but it had nothing to do with his 5 star rating.

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I get your point, but consider this. If RP comes in less heralded, does he act the same way? He thought he was untouchable.

But yes, I get your point.