Starters still in for Mexas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TennesseeTiger, Jan 1, 2003.

1. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Why does Mexas have their starters still in with a 15 point lead and less than 5 minutes?

2. Bee Gee

Bee Gee Freshman

Kentucky Game

Maybe the Kentucky game rings a bell. Or the Arkansas game, or our own game with Texas Tech. Our D wasn't giving anything up in the second half, but lightning could strike. An on-sides kick and another touch with a two pointer and you've got OT.

Kudos to Texas to playing the starters until the game was really decided.

Another touchdown or fieldgoal by Texas would have brought in the second stringers. It would have given an opportunity for ovations to the seniors.

Hook 'em

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Re: Kentucky Game

Since when can you score 15+ points in one play?

I could see leaving the starting defense in, but the offense...no way. At the very least, Texas could have just tried to run out the clock, but they were going for the jugular. The game was in hand and it was only a bowl game. It wasn't for a championship of any sort.

Mack Brown showed he has no class. At least Franchione will be in good company in Texas...two classless coaches.

4. Bee Gee

Bee Gee Freshman

The original post said less than five minutes to play with a 15 point lead.

If you're now referencing the fourth down throw at the end, that was to make a first down and then to run the clock out. Considering how we punt and the sometimes breakdowns in punt coverage, I think its a good play. We held your four consecutive downs after that and then took the knee.

If we had thrown with less than a minute and ya'll with no timeouts, fine...classless, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good namecalling whine.

You lost, it could have been worse. Your team represented well, Texas made some better plays down the stretch.

Suck it up and look forward to a great year next year. Your team is headed up.

Hook 'em

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Because, LSU had 3 chances to tie the game late, and had Randall complete two simple passes we would have been down by a TD with 3 minutes left in the game and UT having no ability to run all day. I would have done the same thing.