startin to get nervous

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by danthetigerfan, Sep 4, 2003.

1. nolatiger

nolatiger Founding Member

Still not buying it...

Hypothetically, throw any Pac-10 team (even USC) into a typical SEC schedule and they won't come close to to playing for a division crown. Do you really honestly believe USC (Pac10's best) would make it through typical 8 week SEC stretch where they would play high-profile teams such as Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, and dangerous teams such as Kentucky and Arkansas? Trust me, the coaches in the SEC, as a collective whole, are better than the Pac 10. It wouldn't take long for a DC or OC to crack USC's plan and then the rest of the bullies would improve on it each week.

The SEC is a speed, size, and power conference. It's offenses are capable of putting up PAC -10 like numbers, however, unlike the pac10, SEC defenses are capable of stopping high-octane offenses on any Sunday. Last time I checked, only ASU and USC have done that in recent history.

As for all these crackpot's picking Arizona to upset...the real professionals (oddsmakers who study each team thouroughly) have the line at 12. There's a reason for that. LSU is better coached, full of better players, and is a real deal. IF there were any questions about LSU's cred, the line would be a lot lower. Besides, Arizona has a bad knock on them for not closing out close game last year.

My pick..LSU breaks open a close game in the 3rd for a final score of 34-20.

2. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

The problem is that the PAC 10 schools are scheduling teams that can't compete with them. Honestly, is Miss St a good test for Oregon to prove they are better than most SEC teams. What if USC takes on Vandy next?

USC, at this time is the only PAC 10 team worth anyting. The other teams don't play a lick of D. The fact Miss ST made it a contest against Oregon speaks volumes about where the PAC 10 is among other conferences, considering many think Oregon is a top team.

I will say the PAC 10 is better than in the past, but they are still one of the weakest conference in football top to bottom, no matter how much EPSN is trying to hype it up. Why didn't USC, Oregon, etc take on Florida and Tenn? Why not schedule Georgia. Those recent losses against PAC 10 teams were slanted games, favoring the PAC 10. The Auburn and Alabama games were just embarrassments, and I can't explain those losses.