State of the nation ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

With only a few days before the beginning of another season I wanted to declare my perspective in regards to the 2016 campaign. I'm expecting LSU to go 9-3. I don't see much different on the offensive side to merit much optimism. I like what I see in Aranda on defense . God help them if he's another Lou Tepper. If the season results in 9-3 hopefully Miles resigns gracefully and the program can rededicate itself to winning championships under a new coach.

LSUBraveheart likes this.
  2. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

If we go 9-3 I'm still not calling for his head.

It's a sad, spoiled world where 9 regular season wins is a disappointment.

But honestly, I'll sing Miles' praises till doomsday if we go 1-11, if that 1 is against you-know-who.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You have very low expectations. A lot of people picked LSU to go 9-3 last season. It was the manner in which it happened that was so irksome. Three consecutive blowout losses to SEC West opponents just doesn't cut the mustard. More like it cuts the cheese.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

9-3 isn't what it used to be. When you play 7 rent a wins, 9-3 ain't all that special.

LSUTiga, ehusson80 and shane0911 like this.
  5. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

upload_2016-8-25_10-26-29.png

I hesitate to call MSU (9-4), Auburn (7-6), Florida (10-4) and A&M (8-5) rent a wins.

For that matter, the only real rent-a-win on that schedule is Eastern Michigan, and I suppose Western Kentucky who went 12-2.

tzanghi, TigerTap and KyleK like this.
  6. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

I agree, that doesn't cut the mustard.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

For LSU, EMU, WKU, Syracuse, South Carolina, MSU, A&M, and Auburn should have gotten their teeth kicked in last year. But what we saw was competitive games with the exception of maybe Auburn, with teams that hung around and kept scoring on us while our passing game struggled to do anything, putting the entire load on Fournette, who was just Fournette.

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

It's okay to set your standards low in hopes that you can be either not disappointed or pleasantly surprised. But calling for the head before it happens is just head hunting.

Let the conference play decide his job. It ain't like we can fire him now. I hope for being pleasantly surprised. As Tiger fans, we all should.

KyleK and shane0911 like this.
  9. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I respect your opinion but that approach is an express lane ride to mediocrity.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

9 to 10 wins every year is great, but that alone can't be the goal. Les consistently brings in championship calibre talent, but we don't consistently even compete for championships. If you continuously get embarrassed by the team or teams you have to beat to get to the next level, then the program is spinning its wheels, no matter how many wins you have at the end of the year.