State of the nation ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Aug 25, 2016.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't know what the landscape will end up looking like but that seems like the pragmatic thing to do. The caveat is that I don't think Texas has any intention of coming on board.

The quandary is the legislation here will want OU/osu to stay together and they will win that. So if the SEC isn't willing o take the pokes then the deal is probably dead from the start.

Quandary 2 is how to keep the OU/Texas game because that is going to another sticking point.

This was all on the table a few years ago when the expansion talk started to swirl and it was close to happening. Here is what stopped it.

David Born balked at the academic standards of the SEC.

The big 12 snaked a huge TV revenue deal and actually bring in a pile of cash. Second only to the big 10 and sec.

What changed?

Losing the maggies and mizzou. This was all at the same time of the expansion and network deal and they took the cash grab. After having Baylor and TCU shut out of the BCS it got their attention. They needed a championship game so they petitioned and won so now they have a game but have created a mess by doing so. They have a 10 team conference and they all play each other so how do you have a championship game when you already know who it is?

This leads to the expansion. Some want none, some want 2, some want 4 (more cash and they don't have to share )

Look around, not enough meaningful teams to bring on board and the only one worth a shit is BYU.

What else has changed. OU knows this thing is dead and with Texass refusing to give up on the longhorn network they want out. Money talks and bullshit walks so it seems Born has softened his stance on "academics" and has realized the SEC is the place to be. Competitively and geographically it makes sense.

The expansion vote is supposed to happen before Christmas from what I am hearing.

2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Really interesting, But I think texas well go to the Pac or maybe big10 if that happens.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Or on their own bit I think with the new banding of teams they will have to find a home. Won't be hard, they can go wherever they want.

4. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Then the Longhorns would have to play us. They've been dodging Tiger Stadium for 70 years. But the money is in the $EC

5. Don Castavez

Texas will take an enema on Bourbon street before joining the SEC.

6. Don Castavez

Wave the check the SEC teams walk away with in Destin each spring in front of OU and Born will see the light. University presidents are whores in a coat and tie.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Even better, OU and OSU to the West, move the Gumps and Barn to the East since they are the 2 furthest east teams in the West. Since the sister fuckers would play their long rival Tennessee every year being in the East just make LSU the cross division rival.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Interesting that you would spend so much time (research included) posting this, and then 20 minutes later you start a thread titled "LSU misses CFB Royalty list." Go back and look at the article you linked; for 7 of the 8 so-called 'blue bloods', championships figure prominently in their rating. Then look at what they say about LSU.

Most interesting is your own personal contribution to the original post

Why those particular years....shouldn't you be giving us a list of LSU's 10-win seasons?

Bottom line, championships are what its all about. Anything else is a consolation prize. However, I agree with what you're saying in those last 2 paragraphs. I've never called for Miles' job, but the fracked-up way things went down at the end of last year just made things more difficult if that day ever comes.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

All of you are some spoiled mf'rs. Miles wins 10, but you don't like the way he wins? Give me a freaking break. A win is a win. Ugly, flashy, I don't care. What all of you are forgetting is LSU's history before the Miles era. I'm 55 and remember how we never could beat Alabama when I was growing up. I remember when we finally cracked the top 25 during the Orange Bowl year. People were excited as hell. We tore goal posts down because we were going to the Orange Bowl.

All of the other coaches we have ever had did not come close to the performance and ranking of LSU under Miles. Sure, Saban got the ball rolling. You fellas want to run him off, fine. Welcome back to mediocrity. LSU doesn't pull the top 5 recruiting classes that it does because it's LSU. It gets these classes because of Miles and his staff. The only other staff to consistently do this was Saban's. Without CLM to get these classes, we slip even further. Saban is the best coach college football coach of the modern era, maybe ever. We have to play him every year. Odds are, we are gonna lose to him. He beats EVERYONE!

Jesus, you people feel so entitled it just makes me shake my damn head. You are a bunch of spoiled brats. I dare say, there is maybe only 2 or 3 active coaches who could have been at LSU during CLM's tenure and achieved the same results or better. Boggles my mind that you people want to run him off.

$TigerFan$, didit, TheRealist and 3 others like this.
  10. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Every time you go into specifics with talent differential between Bama and LSU it's kinda weird to hear. Man, I'm telling you, the consensus among Bama fans is that LSU is the number one team in talent we play year in and out. Our offensive line is considered really good again this season. Gridiron Now has us as the second best in the SEC.

Want to guess who's ranked number one?

KyleK likes this.