State of the Union Speech

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Jan 20, 2004.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

You forgot one last thing,

idiots with ideas like you are in the vast minority and will never mean a damn thing to the election process other than a few media rich monguls who love this BS swill you spill that will print it to sell copy.
    How does it feel to be insignificant?

Most middle class silent majority support what the president is doing and he will be re-elected much to your dismay.

I said it before and I'll say it again after 8 years of moral devoid in the White house, thank God for George W. Bush

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This is a concern for me also, George W did say in his speech last night that they have a plan to cut the national debt in half in 5
    years...

3. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

I don't know about calling them distractions.
    Certainly there are more important issues, like jobs and the economic well being of the citizenry.
    But I don't buy into the argument that is often made that these issues are distractions, and therefore those who oppose agendas like gay marriages should not worry about these issues and for all intent and purposes give-in to the whims of small special interests like the gay lobby.
    Show me a candidate who is truly concerned with working families, small businesses and the middle class and is opposed to radical social agendas and the judges who force them upon the American people, and I'll support that candidate 100%.

QUOTE]Originally posted by red55
    Social issues like abortion and gay marriage are distractions that I don't really want a president to get caught up with. I want a president to maintain a strong military and a steady foreign policy, which Bush has done well. But I also want him to pursue a sound economic policy and I just don't see it happening.

When I spend more money than I bring in, I'm being irresponsible. Why doesn't it work that way for the president?

Our national debt is skyrocketing due to major tax cuts while, at the same time, the administration adds new, unfunded programs and engages in expensive wars and reconstructions. Bush did not address this in the speech.
    [/QUOTE]

4. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

You're on to that agenda also?
    I can't stand Cheney. I think he's a crook.
    I believe the reason Bush hasn't replaced Cheney with a legitimate VP is because he knows Cheney won't run in 2008 and doesn't want any roadblocks in the way of brother Jeb. Sad.

5. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

I'm gathering your a Democrat?
    I can honestly say in my lifetime of voting, 16 years, that between the state, local and national level I've probably split my votes 50/50.
    I'd lean Democrat even more if it wasn't for some of the Democrat candidates radical social agenda. But I like the Democrats on economic policy.
    I think many of the evils you portray with Republicans applies to Democrats as well.
    If it was only as easy to box a candidate by party affiliation as you seem to claim, things would be alot easier in the voting booth. But clearly its not.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I'm a republican and I totally agree with you..

BTW,
    An example IMO is The Clintons in more ways than one.

I'm sure the Dems don't see anything wrong with them.

Hillary's Healthcare plan for 1 that no one knew exactly what it
    was, it was a totally secret thing that flopped if I remember
    correctly