Statement game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rwilliams, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

What game would you most want to see LSU make a statement to the nation next football season?
    I say we go to Alabama and kick their teeth in. Read in bleecherreport that LSU Alabama game is the most important game of season since the winner will likely be the secw champ.
    I would love to see LSU beat the snot out of Alabama and leave the sabanblowers crying in their seats.
    Lsu27 ala3:lsup::champs:

2. dudley

dudley oops!

LSU vs. Oregon. The very first game will set the tone for the season.

3. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

This is true, if we lose this game it would hurt the team and season. If we lose this game I don't see LSU winning every other game for sure. This is the most important game. As far as a statement game, every game counts.

4. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Oregon, because it's first. If we're as good as I hope we'll be, then every week the games will get bigger and bigger, hopefully, by the time we get to Bama, it's the biggest game in college football at that point in the season.

That would be huge.

5. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

I think I agree with most in that the Oregon game will set the tone for the remainder of the year. I'd like to see a good ole fashioned butt whoopin in Jerrah's house. Flex a little of that LSU muscle and let the rest of the nation know that the Tigers are FOR REAL!!

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I agree we need a victory to set the season up aginst Oregon. Winning that game is very important. Destorying bama would be that end of the season statement beating them in their house. If we are still undefeated after that game then there will be no way the polls could have us anywhere but no 1. It's the most important game for me every year. Nothing makes me more proud to be a tiger than beating bama. It would also break the Miles- Saban tie in head to head wins.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

PLease beat Arkansas. PLEASE !!!!!!!!

3 out of 4 years a loss and my neighbor is a die hard Hog is miserable.

So for me, all I care about is we beat the tar out of Arkansas JUST ONCE....

8. TigahBait

TigahBait Ultimate Tigah Fan

I truly think it should be EVERY GAME!!! Leave nothing to doubt. GEAUX TIGAHS!!

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Also if we lose the first game we still have time to recover. If we lose to bama then we probably lose the shot at the sec championship and the bcsnc. Lose to Oregon and could recover lose to bama and most likely no national championship

10. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Let's beat Oregon in game one and then see how things shake out. If we come out winners against the Ducks the season can really be special. If not we can still recover with all goals still in reach, although the margin for error certainly will be less. Regardless of what happens in Dallas against Oregon, the Alabama game will be huge! It surely would be enjoyable to break the gump's hearts in their own stadium. :hihi: :LSU231: