Statement game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rwilliams, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

There are few things in life more enjoyable than watching the clock tick down while the camera is focused on saban's (I just lost to les miles) face. To see the look on the gumps face when they realize the have lost. After listening to all the saban blowers talk for hours about how great bama is seeing a victorious Les Miles rub it in their face in the post game interview. After the tenn game we were laughed at. After fl game we had a lucky bounce. After the bama game we were spoken of having a shot at the nc. Bama was our statement game in 2010 and will be a statement in 2011. Damn it's a long time till November.

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I have to say Oregon, also. It's going to be the biggest game of the opening weekend, by far, on a national stage, and will set the tone for the national title chase.

3. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Agree! This is the SEC and there are no "Hall Passes" given--in or out of Conference!

Oregon, then a beat-down of EVERYONE else!

GEAUX TIGERS! GEAUX TYRANN-OSAURUS!

4. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

I was at that great game and flipped my binoculars to Nikki's mug as the clock expired. Dang! That was worth the price of admission--all by it's itsy bitsy self! LOL (I think his headphones were already in Earth-Lunar orbit).

5. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Not sure what the Saban fixation is about, but your question was about a statement game. I'm in agreement with most everyone else - the Oregon game will make the biggest statement. If LSU was opening with a lesser opponent, then maybe Bama could be. But that's kind of hard to determine since no one knows how big of an impact that game will have on the national stage by that time of the year.

B_leblanc is right - this game sets the tone.

1 person likes this.
  6. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

Oregon sets a statement by getting us off on the right foot, but every "Special" Season at LSU has included a win over AMAB.

GEAUX TIGERS

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I say Bama for a couple of reasons - ;
    1. Because they are Bama
    2. Because He's Saban
    3. Because they are Bama
    4. The value to the polsters of a statement game erodes during the course of a season. If we are in the last month and the polls are trying to decide between an undefeated or one loss team between LSU and say OK, or O-low-O, then a statement game in Bama's house will carry weight through the last polls of the season - if we need it.
    5. Because they are Bama
    The reasons for it not to be Bama - in my opinion
    1. Beating Bama makes the birdtigers happy
    2. Beating Bama helps old piss feel good about themselves
    3. Beating Bama helps the pigchit

8. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

Because their Bama what?

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Because they are Bama
    And because some days I shouldn't post without spell check or without taking ‘Heads Up GasX’. The medicine to help reduce brain farts.:redface:

Thanks for the heads up.

10. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

I think the "statement game" next season will be the Oregon game. How better to start the season than by winning the opener against the previous year's runner-up to the National Championship, who btw are only returning roughly half of this season's starters.

A victory for :lsup: against this opponent will set the tone for the season and possibly prime the team for another :crystal:.