States petition to secede from union

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 13, 2012.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

"They're going to put y'all back in chains."

Joe Biden 2012

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I read on CNN that Obama got less votes this election than John M got in 2008.

Sad really.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

It's only sad if your guy lost, otherwise it's great. Makes no difference if it's 2-1. That's just a media talking point.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Tirk, it doesn't make a difference as far as his getting back in office. However he ran such a negative and narrowly focused campaign he is in no better shape politically than before the election. As I believe the evidence shows had he run an aggressive positive campaign based on his political philosophy he may have received a mandate to advance his policies.
    As it is he has no standing to push hard and no strength to force either his own party or the Rs to make a deal. The Rs hopefully learned arguing "talking points" to the exclusion of reality. The Ds have the same challenge. The sooner the recognize it the better for all.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Mitt was nevergoing to win.

I think it clearly shows a lack of support for both parties. Obviously there is more democrat support.

I do think those numbers matter if either party chooses to expand their base.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

His campaign was no more negative than Romney's. Negativity is a wash. The difference was that Romneys campaign was more dishonest Obama's. Too many whoppers. Too many flip-flops. An Etch-a-Sketch President does not impress.

What is this evidence of which you speak?

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Very Presidential

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

The success of the democratic senatorial candidates. They won clear and convincing victories. Also despite the lack of attractive leadership from Pelosi (not talking physical) who is probably the least inspiring of the congressional leaders the Ds won 8 or more seats in the house. The success in both houses was more than can be explained by Obama's coat tails. Red it is just my observation and a feeling on my part.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

well, kkeep in mind that the race was 51 to 48 or something close to that. wasnt exactly a condemnation of romney or a solid endorsement of obama.

plus, the election was based on a coupe things, and none of them are what you just said.

1. black people see a black man and vote for him no questions asked.
    2. obama favored auto bailouts, like bush did, and he ran over ohio with this, and ohio and florida are the only states that matter
    3. in florida the obamas scared seniors about medicare reform, which we desperately need. and florida is the only state that matter, with ohio. only two groups of people mattered. ohioans and the auto indusstry, and old medicare folks.

tigerchick46 likes this.
  10. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

It would be interesting to see states secede from the country....to see who would survive without the other, probably only a matter of time.