States petition to secede from union

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 13, 2012.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

it would work if done by states that are not awful. england is the size of a big american state and does fine. there is no reason south carolina couldnt sustain itself the way portugal or whoever does. of course most states are run by idiotic jerkasses so they would go straight to shit. but if Massachusetts was a country run by romney, it would surely be better off. Mississippi would go the greece route to bankruptcy.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It was 332 to 206, chief.

Yes, the Republicans were racist.

Yes, the Republicans were very stupid.

Yes, the Republicans were very stupid.

martin likes this.
  3. martin

martin Banned Forever

your electoral college numbers are not relevant when discussing public sentiment, unless you literally think a person in ohio is more important than me or you.

if obama winning he black vote means R's are racist, does romney winning the white vote mean the D's are racist?

tigerchick46 and Winston1 like this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The fact that Obama won the popular vote had already been established. Just piling on with the electoral vote, which at 62% is a landslide in this country.

Everybody is racist. It's part of Republican incompetence that they find themselves the party of racism to the blacks and latinos, which is the particular racism that cost them the Presidency and is at question here.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

again, there is no relevance to mentioning the electoral vote when discussing popular sentiment. its a relic. it how we elect presidents, but it dosent reflect the public sentiment and is useless in that context. it is very possible to overwhelmingly win the electoral vote and have significantly more than half the people hate you.

you are right, everyone is racist. and the republicans are bad at keeping it a secret. i actually prefer when people are honest ad dont keep it a secret. and there is no chance democrats are less racist. racism is a part of being human.

6. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I think you both can remove race from the equation and just say The Takers now outnumber The Givers in this country.....the curse of Democracy

gyver and KyleK like this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well, everyone is a taker in some form of another. Depends on your opinion base.

For example:

Hard line conservatives want lower taxes and less government. Liberals view this as conservatives "taking" revenue from the government. It can also be viewed as "taking" advantage of the lower classes of America.

Hard line Liberals what more social issues to be law and more social financial programs to support the people. (Education, welfare, etc) Conservatives view this as "taking" from the people, AKA redistributing (even in the form of so called "liberties" looking at you religion & pro-lifers).

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

id sure like to know what I am taking?

GregLSU likes this.
  9. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I don't think she was implying that all people of color are "takers"... at least I didn't take it that way. I think she just meant that more people are taking from the pot (black or white) than people putting in. Though I don’t think the math is there to support that.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

i wasnt talking about color, I know she wasnt referring to that. Im just rejecting the notion that if you voted Democrat that you are a taker.

tirk likes this.