States petition to secede from union

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 13, 2012.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

They're wrong. They can only take the first view if they see income as inherently belonging to the government, which then generously allows us to keep what it doesn't need. In fact, income belongs to the wage earners of the country, who then accept the civic responsibility of handing some of it over to the government for funding services that can only be performed at the national level, like defense. Notice I don't take the approach that the government forcibly takes money from me. Only extreme wackos believe this. A true conservative understands that some level of taxation is necessary for the goverment to function.

tirk and gyver like this.
  2. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

OOOOOOOOO....okay...continue on

3. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

No state petitiioned to secede from the union. Individuals within several states have signed petitions.

4. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

The "movement" to secede is not taken seriously by anyone; not even by those supporting the petitions. It is simply a way for a lot of people to express their frustration at the direction the country has taken.

mctiger likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Be afraid bankers, be very afriad.... Guess who's gonna be on the Senate Banking Committee.