Stay or Go thread...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 16, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Underclassmen who are leaving for the NFL. Multiple sources are reporting Travin Dural will be back next year per Michael Cauble.

Now we wait on Hawkins, Alexander and Alexander, Daniele Hunter, Jalen Mills, Jalen Collins, and more.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

At the risk of being called a homer, I don't think any of the players you list are NFL ready, but if I had to pick the one(s) who have the best shot this year, I'd say Mills, followed by Kwon.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

Yeah I agree, I think all of them would do better for themselves if they came back for another season. I'm thinking the 2 you listed will definitely leave though.

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Hunter could go... He would wow people at the combine...

islstl likes this.
  5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I think V Alexander and Hunter are good as gone. While I think both, especially Hunter should come back. Hunter will impress with his measurables so he will go much higher than his production would lead you to think.

I really hope Hunter and K Alexander return. The D could be special next year if they both return. I think Kwon is the most ready of all our players. The kid just makes plays. Mills will take a hard look. I do not see Collins leaving considering he was not even a starter.

6. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Let's just hope Hunter learned from his predecessors. Another year would do him some good. He has the potential but he needs some more work. Them guys on Sunday are playing for pay checks.

7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I understand everything you are getting at here. I fully agree. However, the problem is there really is not much of a lesson to be learned just yet. Hunter is a lot like Mingo in that he is still very raw but with all the physical attributes to be a superstar, but with even less production.

The problem is the NFL tends to look too much at the physical tools and not enough at the production on the field. Freak and to a lesser extent Ego left too early and were dropped in the draft. Thing is Hunter will test exceptionally well so I doubt he slips as far as his production would have him drafted. If he were drafted on production he would have to stay because he would fall too far. Drafted on potential though he will go higher than he should.

I wish him the best either way and understand wanting to be well paid doing something you love.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

This year a team can only get grades on just 5 players from the NFL’s College Advisory Committee. The 5 for the Tigers are OL Hawkins, LB Kwon Alexander, CB Jalen Collins, DE Danielle Hunter and OG Vadal Alexander.

I could go into detail, but will wait.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not 30 minutes ago I heard on the radio that the names weren't released yet. Did you have lunch with Les?

LSUDad likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

I hope they don't look at a guy like Kenny Hilliard, who comes back his senior year and gets injured. Even though Kenny probably doesn't get drafted either way because tailbacks aren't drafted highly like they used to be, I wonder if that still plays a factor. Of all the seniors leaving, I really hope Kenny gets a chance somewhere.

LSUDad likes this.