Stay or Go thread...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 16, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Can a player go out on his own and get graded?

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Nope, he wouldn't drive to Tx.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Many think they will get drafted, just ask Freak, Faulk (Both of them). Many listen to friends, people around them. Many thought Trai Turner wasn't gonna get drafted last year, kind of knew he was gonna lite up the combine. Did well in the interview. I've said this a number of times, since 2001 LSU has only had 5 OL drafted into the NFL. I also said that we would have 5 drafted into the NFL in the next few years.

When LSU signed Joseph Barksdale in 2007, I took one look at him playing OT in high school. I also knew that he was one of the top 3 DT in the Nation. But after seeing him play on film, I told some friends, they need to move him to the OL right now. I told them, DT we have, OT we need. He was drafted in the 3rd round and is still starting in the NFL.

OG Alexander has been nicked off and on during his stay at LSU.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    TigerTap likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Or they could look at La'el.

TigerTap likes this.
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Jalen Collins is one, a large CB, that can play inside, has good upper body strength. Could also play both Free and Strong Safety. When Robinson was let go, he came in and we never missed a beat. Still want to see who all comes out this year.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

LSU WR Travin Dural says he coming back for 2015 season
    [​IMG]
    LSU wide receiver Travin Dural (83) says he will be back next season with the tigers. (Brett Duke, NOLA.com | Times-Picayune)
    Print
    [​IMG] By Jim Kleinpeter, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

on December 16, 2014 at 6:09 PM, updated December 16, 2014 at 6:25 PM

LSU's leading receiver Travin Dural told a Baton Rouge TV reporter Tuesday he will return for his junior season with the Tigers rather than enter the NFL Draft.

Dural, who caught 37 passes for 758 yards and seven touchdowns, is a draft eligible sophomore because he redshirted in his first season at LSU. College players are eligible for the the draft three years after their high school class graduates.

Dural is one of several LSU players with decisions to make about the draft. Defensive backs Jalen Mills and Jalen Collins, linebacker Kwon Alexander, defensive end Danielle Hunter, guard Vadal Alexander and offensive tackle Jerald Hawkins could leave early.

LSU lost 16 underclassmen in the past two NFL drafts but the NFL has tweaked its rules. A maximum of five players from each school will receive a draft grade and the grades will be of three types: first round, second round or to return to school.

didit and StaceyO like this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

But Les said that 8 or 9 players want an advisory grade.

I'm not sure it means much. We've had a number of players who graded low that went anyway. If they want to move on, they will move on. Mostly because they have family with no money or they are struggling to make grades. Many athletes simply hate the academic part of college and opt for the first chance to play ball without going to classes.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    TigerTap and LSUDad like this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, every draft eligible player wants to see where he stands, but once the report is in. Thinks he's better than what's reported. Kind of like the guy sitting the bench is better than the starter.

TigerTap likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think you should probably go.

xlnsports likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Right, so they go anyway to get a couple hundred grrr, buy a car and a house that they can't afford, end up on the practice squad for a stint and bankrupt washing cars or flopping whoppers in a few years. Sad, really sad.

LSUDad likes this.