stealing music, and the future of copyright

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by martin, Jul 3, 2007.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Not being flippant, but what is the purpose of this? Do you go to your friends' homes and stream your music? Does anyone really need access to their 16000 song library everywhere they go? I honestly like turning on the radio so that I don't have to pick songs or a playlist. Let the dj decide. One more thing I don't have to worry about in my day.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The purpose is to have access to media no matter where you are.

tirk likes this.
  3. martin

martin Banned Forever

My music is all available now on my iPad and phone.

I used to use iTunes to play music from my pc on my iPad. Now I don't need to be at home to the or have my pc and iTunes running to access my music. I don't listen to music on the radio.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Because I can.

it didnt take any effort. just an rss feed that ran on its own of discographies. Kinda got out of control I suppose.

So now google lets me store and play them so its just a big collection that comes in handy whenever needed.

Google has this music manager that finds it and uploads it all automatically.

but I mainly use something called gtunes though on my phone. thats because I hear a song and want it immediately this is the easiest way.

I still buy music on occasion that I actually listen to somewhat frequently. Like I just bought Smack that bitch up by prodigy even though I had it. I listen to that crazy stuff at the gym.

Oh and I attend a lot of concerts and have black friends.

5. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

So is google just a cloud for music and you stream it wherever you are? I presume you can arrange playlist etc, same as itunes?

6. tirk

correct, its like when we play cards at a friends or just hanging out by the pool. No more regular crap local radio or xm needed. Just all of it in one place.

I suppose you can login from multiple devices simultaneously since its google but have yet to try.

7. tirk

yes and they offer a lot of free music as well.

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I see what you are saying, but at the same time, when I am at a friend's house, I know that he has his own music we can listen to. I also probably listen to way less music than most of you. I kinda like it quiet when I can get it.

9. tirk

yeah I have my own music i listen to . its on google play now.

but i always need input even though its not healthy. Thats why I need to smoke a bowl with red on occasion to chill out.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

What about when you are in your backyard on your iPad and want to listen to your rush albums?