stealing music, and the future of copyright

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by martin, Jul 3, 2007.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

Also I have a iPad mount thing and it is plugged into my speakers. So now I can play any of my music through my best speakers

2. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I've got a Jawbone jambox, huge fan of it, great when you travel as well as some bluetooth beats..........

3. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

This was kinda cool, I just dropped the youtube link in, it converted to MP3 and straight to Itunes.......going pull the shades down, I feel like I'm on some radar now....

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I guess it's cool to have everything in one place, I just don't see myself ever needing it. God I'm old...

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No sir you are just married..

KyleK likes this.
  6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They can make them stop using their recording, but they can't stop them from playing a cover of the song by another musician. That is fair use. They will still owe royalties to the song's composers based on the number of people that hear the music. And you can bet that ASCAP is tracking all of this very carefully.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

no, ascap isnt paying attetion to this. it isnt about royalties. the siversun pickup (i love them) are liberal and dont like romney. this is about politics, not royalties. romny will just delete them from the playlist and thats the end of it. this happens all the time to republicans.

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I just saw this thread and spot read the posts;
    • I agree with everyone of Red's posts that I read;
    • Basically Quality costs - I don't want buffet music, all the bad music you can eat for one low low price. I want a fillet of the best beef.
    • I run the soundboard for a group of musicians at a church. They are pretty good - write some really good music - work for free because they really love what they do; and they have recorded about 5 CDs. I love these people, I love their songs, but its hard to listen to the CDs. The difference in quality in their recorded music and the recorded music of any top music talent in any genre is vast. Same with a lot of other amateur CDs. They sound like the 8 tracks they used to sell at flea markets.
    When you steal music you are forcing me to eventually have to eat at cheap buffets. And that shit, like bad sounding music, makes me wanna puke.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

how much do think it actually costs to record quality music? like how much to get your churchies in the studio for 2 days and record good stuff?

and what percentage of the cost of music that you buy do you think goes to the recording vs the marketing and distribution?