stealing music, and the future of copyright

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by martin, Jul 3, 2007.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

No you have it wrong - it's like saying no one will bother to make fancy water if they can't sell it because people can steal it off the shelf without consequences. And it is true.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

That would be fine with me. Tap water is actually just as good.

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I'm glad you understand that part. Now you just need to see that you being a thief is forcing me to drink tap water. Your thievery is taking away my ability to choose something better than the shit infested swill that your OK with drinking.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

if your favorite musicians cannot afford a mac and two microphones then they should go down to the local coffee house and perform for tips until they can. then they will have all they need to make nice recordings. of course they dont need to bother with the expense of printing up cds, those are obsolete.

also lets ask tirks favorite girl what she thinks again:

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Have you started watching those new movies yet? They are called 'talkies'. You can even hear the actors say words.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

I don't follow the point even I thought about it

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

This morning it looks vague to me to - and I wrote it. Let me try again - even though I'm caffeine deficient at the moment.

Good music doesn't just depend on musicians that love what they are doing. There is a lot of technology behind the musical instruments, recording equipment, and sound processing equipment. The music that I love, which is far beyond acoustic guitars and such, requires that kind of equipment to make it like I like it. When you take the money out of the business the music will not meet the quality standards that I like.

The analogy above was supposed to say that recording music with two mics and a laptop is the movie equivalent of making movies in the 1920s. That's it. Now back to my coffee and day,

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

makes sense but I dont think its that drastic anymore. software and a few mics can produce some amazing stuff. in comparison to anything before 1980 im sure its miles ahead. Not the actual music mind you but the sound quality.

what do you listen to or referring to here?

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

To numerous to mention. I have about 4,000 songs on my Ipod - all paid for. A good sample would be King Crimson (first 5 Albums - yes they were albums then) Floyd, U2, Evanescence, Beethoven, Tull, Robin Mark, Buffet, Coldplay, and some country hits. Seasonal favorite is Trans Siberian Orch. Several 60s and 70s compilations.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

oh the way you described it it sounded as though it was something in particular. Yeah that amy lee chick is awesome. but the new band kinda sucks.