News Stephan Hawking Declares There is No God

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No amigo you have resorted to name calling and personal attacks I continue to cite facts and sources. Refute my points rather than bragging and deflecting.

Bengal B likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Do you have any thoughts on the topic or just an endless supply of trite quips?

3. red55

What "name" have I called you? I have attacked your argument which is easy. It is you that is trying to make the argument about me instead of the topic. It's martin 101.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If something annoys you or you disagree you label it a trite quip. Others may find it amusing or even to the point with a degree of unstated truth and/or profundity.

Yes, I have thoughts but unlike you I won't go around in endless circles arguing what basically amounts to semantics.

tirk likes this.
  5. red55

No, I note trite quips in a serious discussion.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

More semantics

7. red55

MLUTiger likes this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Red yelling that you are right isn't attacking an argument. Give me facts beyond an edited and incomplete dictionary definition and your conclusion based on your prejudice.
    Again I cited evidence to support my argument. Cite some to support yours.

9. red55

Stop lying. Who has yelled? Nobody. Who has called you names and made personal attacks? Nobody. Who argues that he is right? EVERYBODY. It is you that is trying to make this argument personal. Look, this is a forum for debate. People are going to disagree with you. GET USED TO IT or be ignored.

Did you miss post 121 or did you just ignore it like my other posts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jay-rubenstein/myths-about-crusade-myths_b_1031722.html

I have cited fact after fact and you just ignore them. Fine with me. I will keep making my points and citing evidence whether you choose to accept it or not.

To make the case that the Crusades were a defensive war, one must conflate the Crusades with all of the other wars that happened after the Fall of the Roman Empire as indigenous people both reclaimed their lands and attempted to expand their lands. Many of these wars happened in Europe. But the actual Crusades were an attempt to conquer Palestine for Christendom. The indigenous Palestinians were not Europeans and very few were Christians The Crusaders did not return the holy land to the Byzantines as they promised, they carved out states for themselves. And the 4th Crusade ended in the Roman Catholic conquest of Byzantium itself causing an irreparable split between East and West Christianity.

10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

You can split hairs semantically all you like but when you lack evidence of your position then it requires faith to continue believing that premise. The premise that there is no God, whether called disbelief or atheism or whatever else you want, is rooted in faith because you can not provide me with evidence that God does NOT exist. This is not a difficult concept. Atheists find it difficult because they have been so certain, for so long, that they were somehow less susceptible to the awful "belief" but in reality they are not, they assume the very same position as the believer but call it something different.

If you make the claim that God does not exist then you must prove that for me to consider it fact. You cannot prove that God does not exist, no more than anyone else can prove that God does not exist, so you have faith that God does not exist. The burden of proof works both ways.

You cannot have it both ways, Red. And essentially this is the crux of your argument: When I claim X and cannot prove it you call it faith but when you claim X and cannot prove it you call that something different. How is this logical? Your "disbelief," as you call it, is no less a myth than the believers because YOU CANNOT PROVE IT. This is simple and I cannot help you understand this any more. Atheists disbelief is as equally rooted in dogma as the belief of the faithful.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.