News Stephan Hawking Declares There is No God

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Sep 26, 2014.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Faith is putting your beliefs to the test because you are confident you are right. Hence action.

I believe my son is going to make A's this six weeks so I bought (action verb, past tense) (faith) tickets to Hell in a Cell a few weeks ago. I still haven't seen the report card yet...

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No shit.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I guess it was in referencing what organized religion wants you do because you have faith.

I don't see it that way, but I'm also not a fan of organized religion, either.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i have faith in a lot of different things but it requires me to do nothing.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  5. tirk

you just arent a big fan of god but its hard to say given the indoctrination; hes listening and one spiteful sob.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I think it's more of how on sites like Facebook, I see people from high school who do nothing but post stuff about Jesus and God and how they are such good Christians.

It seems so fake.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A remark like that could get you an extra hundred million years in purgatory. God reads TigerFan.com

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I think most of the people who go way over the top with their religion are people who at one time or another had totally screwed up lives and hit rock bottom- drugs, booze, ect. I frequently go to a coffee shop that is very near the Jimmy Swaggart complex and almost every time I'm in there I see mostly the same people sitting around talking about Jesus. I mean, that's all they talk about. As far as I can tell they have no other interests. A few times some of them have attempted to accost me to try to convert me but now they leave me alone. The last time a guy asked me whether I went to church or not I tried to convert him to Rastafarianism. Whenever he tried to tell me anything I would quote lyrics from Bob Marley songs in a Jamaican accent. Try it next time. It seems to be effective.

9. tirk

religions are hypocritical by nature. and so are the people who follow. they have to judge others in order to find out where they fall in their pecking order. much like soccer moms in general keeping up with the jones'. its just a different focus of energy.

of course. some people have no balance. so they hit rock bottom and need something to save them from that lifestyle. usually thats god, religion, whatever. which is fine. whatever helps.

but they see a regular dude drinking a beer and feel they need to save them from the same peril. no dude its just a beer. you dont need to convert everyone else from your own destructive path. work on you. and god bless.

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Yes, faith in those things may require your action to be inaction.