News Stephan Hawking Declares There is No God

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Sep 26, 2014.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

life.

2. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

That was pretty weak....

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think that "demonic possessions" are far more likely to be mental illness, delusions, or hoaxes in the absence of actual demons.

4. flabengal

Before exorcism take place usually they get psychiatrists to confirm that mental illness is not present. It's probably not a 100 percent track record, but the idea that priests are running around conducting exorcisms on mentally ill patients is incorrect. Delusions and hoaxes...hard to say but when the kids start walking backwards up the wall....that would be hard to dismiss as a hoax.

5. tirk

you asked for an answer. I answered it as honestly as possible. your entire perspective of things seems to be that of a gullible child.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Indeed. When that happens, let us know.

7. flabengal

I can only assume you are talking about the exorcism thing. If you dismiss the idea of possession you are certainly free to do so but I should point out that exorcisms are described in the New Testament and conducted by Christ himself.

8. flabengal

http://rollingout.com/news/black-families-house-demonic/#_

A black family in Indiana has experienced a true supernatural occurence; their house was not haunted it was demon possessed . The family has told stories of demonic possession, items flying across the room and kids walking up the walls backwards. What makes these stories believable is that law enforcement, emergency rescue, clergy and social workers have all witnessed the events and confirmed what was happening.

I'm sure you will find a reason to dismiss this one....even though you weren't there. Other human beings were there...police, multiple eye witnesses but I doubt they called in a scientist. I doubt anybody thought to call Stephen Hawking.

A catholic priest performed an exorcism, the events apparently ceased afterwards.....but it didn't take place in a lab with some dude wearing a white coat observing so it's not credible....

did I get it right that time?

9. tirk

no video i bet. i wonder why. its the first thing id do while hiding from a demon while i shot it. how peculiar. guess no one has cameras anymore.

10. flabengal

Actually there is video...did you read the article? What's the big hang up with video? I'm sure you'll just say it was doctored. The family involved probably staged the whole think for a book deal, right?