Stephen Rivers Transferring?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by IATigerFan, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I think parents that do this are absolutely pathetic.

What day? I was born on the 14th.

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Stacey, don't fret, because in the end your daughter will still have fared better from starting when she did. There is a study that looked at high school academic prowess (as opposed to the athletic), and guess what, the kids who started younger, while may have struggled a bit in the beginning, by third grade, middle school, and certainly high school, the "pressures" of being younger matured them faster, and they were outperforming peers. My wife has the article. I'll try to post it.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Funny how times change. My schoolteacher Mom was always trying to get me early entry to Kindergarten and 1st grade because she already had me reading at a higher level. She thought I'd get an academic boost from competing with older children. And she was right.

Me too, and I never had a problem. But it was clear that an extra year of growth, working out, and maturing a bit helped the athletes get an edge. They didn't hold kids back much then, but since freshmen were ineligible to play college varsity anyway, a lot of them took an extra senior year at a Prep school to bulk up.

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I just wonder if Rivers got any chance at all, much less a fair chance. Coach's peculier devotion to the poorly playing JJ, then the an anointment of Mett, I believe left Rivers out in the cold. I am surprised he was there as long as he was.

As excellent as our coaches are, IMHO, they do seem to often exhibit a foolish consistency.

stevescookin and shane0911 like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Same will happen to Rettig

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I am still amazed at the arrogance of our fans who make statements like this despite their lack of time and experience evaluating players, much less actually spending time coaching these kids.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Me too.

8. HalloweenRun

I am pretty amazed at the lack of cognition of folks that don't understand that a forum is not a legal or meaningful document, but rather a place to post opinions. Geez.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Where is your cognition sport?...Don't you think others have the right to point out stupid opinions? BTW your comment was a sign not only of the arrogance and ignorance MLU pointed out, but makes me wonder if you're not still wearing the tin foil beanie that conspiracy freaks use to protect themselves.

10. HalloweenRun

You answered your own question. And have a great day, sport!