Still at a loss for words, a day later...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diehardLSUfan, Nov 30, 2002.

1. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

As I read the paper this morning I'm still feeling the shock of what happened. I'm sorry, but you can't compare the feelings that Kentucky players and fans had to what we feel. We dominated the line of scrimmage the entire 4/5 of the game as silly as that sounds, never lost a lead and the "Miracle at the Rock" wasn't just a loss for a game, it was a denial to play in Atlanta. How people can say "now you know how Kentucky fans felt" is beyond me.

I really hope that the fans don't get down on our players though. They have no reason to. Our defense played their butts off as well as offense. Randall looked sharp and I'm really excited about Green.

The good sport in me says congrats to the Hog Fans. I probably speak on behalf of most LSU fans by saying that even saying that is VERY hard to swallow. Next year I say run the score up on the HOGS!

2. WestKyCat

WestKyCat Freshman

Nope, you pretty much got the same feeling we had.

3. WF TIGER

WF TIGER Founding Member

How could we have the same feeling. We were so close playing in the SEC championship game. Kentucky couldn't go just like Alabama.

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Ky Fans

probably felt the same when Laetner hit the shot from the top of the key, with about one second on the clock. that kept the big blue from playing for the National title in BB.

5. WestKyCat

WestKyCat Freshman

Re: Ky Fans

Now thats a good comparison. But for all of us football fans that want a winning program up here the LSU loss really hurt. I was just letting him know that the loss felt the same. Lots of other SEC fans have come on our board and asked us if we felt better since the ARK/LSU game and the answer is simple. No. Not until we do it to you will we feel better.

6. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Well I understand about losing a game...

...but my point was that for you it was a game. For us it was like being assured for 59 minutes and 42 seconds that we were going to be SEC West reps for the 2nd year in a row and seeing that taken away. That hurts. LSU had the lead on Kentucky for the whole game and you guys came back on us in the final seconds, as did Arkansas. So in essence, it was more like a last chance shot at beating us that went wrong. Arkansas happened to execute it. As far as immediate reactions, yeah I can relate. But when I hear about SEC Championship next week and see bowl projections, etc my stomach turns. I doubt if you can relate to that aspect of our football game earlier in the year. In basketball, yes I would agree that you could more than relate with the Laetner shot. And as far as holding a grudge about it, look at this way: it was our revenge from losing a basketball game with a 31 point lead at halftime.

7. WestKyCat

WestKyCat Freshman

Re: Well I understand about losing a game...

Good post. But a gut wrenching loss is, well, a gut wrenching loss. The fans here in Kentucky want a winning football program, so much so that a few got a little over-zealous. Guy Morris seems to be putting us on the right track. Would I have thought at the beginning of the year that we would be bowl eligible? No. So to see the team make the turn like it did was the best of both worlds. Other than the Ark win there is not another victory over one of the power teams in the league. When UK fought back to take the lead it seemed we were on the right path. And then, like LSU, it was gone and blindingly fast. I really don't hold a grudge against LSU for the loss. It's why we play the game. You chalk it up and get ready to go the next week.

Good luck tigers in whichever bowl you go to. I pull for all SEC teams when they are not playing the Cats.