Still pull for Pitt tonight

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU, Nov 29, 2003.

1. LSU

LSU Founding Member

Since LSU plays UGA in the SECCG, a Pitt win tonight is huge. UGA is currently #7in the BCS. Tennessee and FSU will stay put at 8 and 9. Miami is 10 now, so a loss knocks them way down. 11 was Florida. The teams UGA has to worry about sneaking in to the top 10 are Iowa and Miami (OH).

Iowa is 28.57. Miami is 28.71. UGA is currently 15.06. If UGA loses to us in the SECCG, there is still a good chance that UGA could stay as high as #9 in the final BCS (OU, USC, LSU, Mich, OSU, Texas, Tenn, FSU, ????). If Miami beats Pitt tonight, there is a decent shot that UGA would stay at 10. But we'd much prefer 9 to 10, as that tenth of a point could be the difference.

Does anyone know what the chances are of Iowa or Miami catching UGA should UGA lose? It seems now, that despite the gloom talk, LSU will get a quality win bonus if we beat UGA.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I projected the polls for a Georgia loss to LSU this week, and they would project to the 22-25 point range (best and worst case scenarios). Miami OH is the only one who could sneak in but they played a really poor SOS opponent today (Central Florida) which will hurt them. They now play Bowling Green in their conference championship game. A win there could propel them past Georgia but I still think it is unlikely. So Bowling Green needs to win that game just to make sure.

You are absolutely correct that the Miami FL loss is critical. We get -.20 deduction with quality win, vs. -.10.

Now the Alabama game becomes the most crucial game. Alabama must win or this day of football is a bad one for LSU's National Championship aspirations.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i am very stupid. can you explain why i care about pitt/mia again? i apologize. i'm dumb.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Miami needs to lose so that they do not finish ahead of Georgia in the BCS and take away quality win points.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

gracias. now i watch the game with enthusiasm.

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

But for SOS reasons, we want Miami to win, right?

7. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I tell ya what...all this stuff is too confusing...

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

you aint kiddin i already broke 2 slide rules and an abacus figuring it out.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I think I'm gonna do just like SABAN wants the team to do, FOCUS on bringing my A "fan" game to UGA.
    hey it seems to work for Saban, why not us fans?
    I hope all the BCS stars line up and all the birds are not chirping BUT what i REALLy hope is we win the SEC CG, convincingly and the kudos will follow.
    JS