Stimulus 'an absolute success,' says Biden

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DJM136, Jun 3, 2010.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

No I don't see that happening, but you mean to tell me that Fannie and Freddie deserve no regulation? That they should not even be adequately audited? It's business as usual, and I don't believe congress left it that way out of financial fear. They have done it because it does not benefit them to reign it in. They are not even looking at it man.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Not only that, but when something breaks someone comes to fix it for you for free.

Be careful. We got used to apartment/condo living after years of owning. Tough finding an incentive to go back right now.

3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

They're in the planning phase, and you would have to plan this pretty well.

News Headlines

By the way, I disagree with the lady from Wharton School about it being bad for banks to hold long term mortgages on their books. Banks did this successfully for decades before the S&L crisis. There was fraud in that system, but I think banks should hold their mortgages, it would make them more responsible lenders. Of course, then credit score requirements would be higher and that would slow down building.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Millions for Road Signs?: That's Stimulating? - ABC News

On the road leading to Dulles Airport outside Washington, DC there's a 10' x 11' road sign touting a runway improvement project funded by the federal stimulus. The project cost nearly $15 million and has created 17 jobs, according to recovery.gov.

However, there's another number that caught the eye of ABC News: $10,000. That's how much money the Washington Airports Authority tells ABC News it spent to make and install the sign – a single sign – announcing that the project is "Funded by The American Reinvestment and Recovery Act" and is "Putting America Back to Work." The money for the sign was taken out of the budget for the runway improvement project.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

How about 150 million to creat 300 jobs charging electric car batteries? I'm going to assume that with the hatred they have for all things coal burning they have no idea what it takes to mine lithium.