Stimulus 'an absolute success,' says Biden

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DJM136, Jun 3, 2010.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

how are we to know that the stimulus helped and didnt hurt? isnt it possible that we would be better off now had nothing be done? we certainly wouldnt be in as much debt.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Please tell me you are not inferring the stronger dollar is the rsult of massive government spending.

3. LSUAthletics

LSUAthletics Founding Member

What martin said does not concern me. You said:

I'm asking you to prove that a depression would have occurred if not for the stimulus.

4. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Many people agree that some money needed to be used to correct some of the problem. The issues have been the excessive amount, the lack of jobs created, the use for things we don't need, and the future debt which doesn't seem to concern the current administration as they'll simply pass it on to the next guy.

For some one to use the term "absolute success" is asinine. Then again it was Joe Biden who has a history of making ridiculous comments. I would be surprised if he could count to 100 much less know anything about the economy.

Success/failure won't be determined anytime soon. For Biden to make this comment now is simply playing politics. He has to grasp for something as the past month has been a horrible mess for the administration.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Yes we did and we still are. In 2009 we had a huge number of bank failures. In the first quarter this year we are outpacing last years rate. Additionally, look at the FDIC's troubled list. Its growing by the month.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

True, I didn't suggest that there wasn't an economic crisis, but 9,000 banks failed in the Great Depression and nothing approaching that happened.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Pretty foolish for either side to state claims in the end result of this bill when it's a few months old and only half has been given out...

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

tax and spend is bad, you dont have to wait to see that.

9. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

So we're only allowed to be concerned if another Great Depression happens...or we at least begin to "approach" it.

Awesome.

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Numbers of banks are irrelevant here. The total dollar value of failed banks far, far exceeds any specific period cumulative total including the great depression and S&L crisis combined. I consider that a "rash" of failing banks.