Stoops take a shot at Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MarineTiger, Jun 8, 2005.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I'm siding with you, Mr. Peabody. In essence, all Stoops did was say, "Scoreboard" to a former direct competitor of his.

If Coach Bob holds up his end of the deal, the two coaches can settle it on the field in Pasadena next January. :yelwink2:

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

:hihi::hihi::hihi::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::thumb:
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FightinTIGER again.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Gotta disagree with you, Peabody. What was Miles supposed to say to LSU supporters as their new head coach? I was rooting for your opponent? Don't think so! If Stoops had just said something like "no surprise there" I wouldn't have even blinked. But a lecture screams penis envy.

4. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Mack Brown make excuses.......c'mon Mr. P......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Look, I respect each and everyone of your opinions even though they are all wrong of course. :hihi:

6. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

In addition, you would think he would realize that and be the bigger man but of course not.

Probably just pissed he didn't beat LSU to start off with.

7. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

I'd have to say his comments were pretty lame, but not completely unexpected. I lost all respect for the man's character after halftime of the Sugar Bowl. Not that I really respected his character before that, but I didn't know enough to form an opinion.

The OU team the last 2 years was a great team with great athletes. It's not easy to make the NC game 2 years in a row, and that's nothing to be ashamed of. That being said, LSU beat him handily in the Sugar Bowl, with all of the media saying it wasn't nearly as close as the score would imply, but he at least put up a good fight. USC's team this year was no better talent wise than LSU's team in 03, as we all know. I'd say that LSU was still more talented with Clayton, Henderson, Mauck, Lavalais, Hill, D. Jones, etc. etc. etc., but that's beside the point. The point is, USC didn't smoke OU this year b/c of vastly superior talent and athleticism. As I've already said, OU had a great team both years. But this year the OU players gave up after going down and didn't even try. At least the year before they tried. This year they just threw their hands up and gave it to USC...in other words, OU was vastly out-coached. I don't like Pete Carroll at all. He's a whiney little brat. But he had his boys fired up and ready to play, while Stoops had his sleeping through the NC game. That's just bad coaching.

In contrast, for Miles to beat Stoops superior team 2 years with inferior talent shows that he's out-coached Stoops as well. So personally I think the best thing for Stoops would just be to shut up and try to gain some dignity back on the field in 05.

Sorry for writing so much, but most of y'all are used to it by now.

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Peabody's opinion pretty much summarizes that of the Sooner nation.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

YES!!!! That is how I will always remember Bob Poops. I was in utter disbelief that he actually stopped and corrected Swanny. Seemed like he should have been more concerned with how he was going to escape the ass handing-to he was recieving.

What's REALLY hilarious about that is that after the game, we BECAME the #1 overall defense in the country. We leapfrogged OU by holding their 500+yd/gm offense to a paltry 152yds or so. What a freaking ASSHAT!

10. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Miles said he was pulling for LSU in Sugar Bowl and scoffed at conference loyality. Stoops wasn't amused...