Stoops take a shot at Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MarineTiger, Jun 8, 2005.

1. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

yet another reason why i like Les Miles...

2. Geauxld Member

Geauxld Member Founding Member

Bob Stoops has said some pretty stupid things in the last few years.
    I remember a couple really arrogant comments before OU played LSU in the Sugar Bowl and then his infamous "We" have the #1 Defense at halftime championship game. Maybe he's trying to be a steve spurrier type, but somehow it just doesn't fit for him.

3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

You guys say some prayers, my LSU "lovin", TCU WR (#87) son, will get first shot at OPEW on Sept 3rd on National TV in Okie Town.:geauxtige

4. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

So Miles and Stoops don't like each other? Another reason to like Les Miles!

Swanni should have loaned stoops a calculator so he could have figured out that by the time he cried about his #1 defense it was already well on its way to #2. Besides, scoring defense is really the only ranking that truly matters, but being #1 overall is nice too, especially when it means so much to Bobbi-Jane Stoops, the worlds #1 crybaby.

:crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal:

5. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

Good luck to the Horned Frogs!!:thumb:

6. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

stoops was just responding to Miles. Do you expect to say something and not have a response. Stoops is a top 5 coach. Problem is he can't win the big one. That will loom over his head for a while. It's the Buffalo Bills syndrome. I dont think that comment makes him a prick. Lets be honest, judging from some of those video clips we've seen, I'm surprised we havent heard more people make fun of him. I can see people making fun of miles the way the make fun of Dick Vermeil. They are both emotional. That one video with the Hillbilly music I thought he was going to break down and cry.

7. LSUtiger327

I agree, being a prick makes him a prick.:thumb:

8. LSUtiger327

And Vermeil won 2 Super bowls. Not a bad tradeoff for an emotional coach that players give their all for. :) If Miles wants to :bncry: and win two :crystal: :crystal: I'll personally deliver the hankies.

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

If I'm a player, I want to play for a coach that i know will go through a wall for me. I like the fact the Vermeil cries and that Miles goes ape**** on a regular basis.

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Couldn't agree more. Though, I hope our coach doesn't have to give a speech like he did in that previous video....:thumb: