Stoops throws Bradley under a bus

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

In Louisiana, HS uses National Federation rules. A lot of states use NCAA rules. Under National Federation, that situation is called a "muff", and it cannot be advanced. Recovered yes. Advanced no.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Even though the word has multiple definitions, when applied to football, a "muff" is when the punt returning team fumbles as he's catching it. The kicking team can recover it, but not advance it. The scenario I referred to is a little different unless I misunderstood something.

3. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Hitting my head against the desk. Thinking back now. The OU player did not catch it. He just tried to pick it up. Should have advanced something like that.

So obvious...
    [​IMG]

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

stoops never says the right thing...

going into halftime of the sugar bowl last year, the interviewer made a remark about the #1 offense going up against the #1 defense. to that, before even answering the question, he stated, "you mean the #1 scoring defense, right? because we're #1 in total defense". WHAT AN AS$!! can you imagine a coach being so unfocused as to correct such a petty statement at halftime of the national championship game that he was losing???

the funny thing is, after that game, LSU became the #1 total defense by limiting OU to a paltry 154 yds (or thereabout) of total offense. this, of course, prevented them from remaining the #1 offense.

i think the guy is a jerk.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Do you have a picture for splitting hairs? :hihi: :D

6. A(LA)TxTgr

A(LA)TxTgr Freshman

Yea CC Stoops is quickly becoming Doomer Sooner

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Like I posted last night I kept waiting for him to say during the halftime interview thatr OU was the #1 defense, but maybe the 38 points opened his eyes a little. By the way he was wrong last year LSU had the #1 defense by far.
    :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

8. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

[​IMG]

How's that? :thumb:

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I will say this about the rule.
    If I'm a coach no player will ever try and pick up a punt once it touches the punting team, ground or otherwise when defenders are near.
    Its a bone head play none the less and more harm can come out of it then good.

OU did lose the ball in that situation and fumbled it away so I take it the punting team never touched it.
    Anyway defenders were to close to him, like he had somewhere to go?
    Sorry nothing but bad can happen in that situation or any other similar.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

That clip was played again on the news this evening. Ticked me off all over again. What he should have said was something like "Something went wrong. It is something we will discuss."

What he should have meant was "Obviously the kid didn't fully grasp the rules, which is the coaches fault. Given that I am an over rated, arrogant, suck wad of a coach, you should blame me."