Stoops throws Bradley under a bus

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Jan 5, 2005.

1. hpmcdaniel

hpmcdaniel Founding Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn’t team mean that everyone is together and plays together? Bradley may have made a stupid mistake because the player had his back to him and therefore it “looked” like the ball was touched and when he tried to pick it up he got slammed causing the fumble. But……, OU should have recovered from that mistake because it was still early in the game; they were only down by a touchdown. If that is all it takes to upset OU then they are over rated and had no business in the game. I guess they had been reading to much press on USC and got scared. Hmmmm…….. What an embarrassment, first LSU and now USC. What a shame because I was pulling for them and had to listen to my students tell me so. :(

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That will work. :lol:

3. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

No comment, the horse has been beat enough.

5 turnovers

Game over

USC won.

4. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I agree, why bother risking a turnover. SC never touched the ball, so it was ruled a fumble. They replayed it several times and from the angle of the ref, you could clearly see that no SC players touched the football. It was just a horrible mistake, but a trend we have been seeing in the last few years.

It seems that lately a bunch of teams are taking risks with special teams. Running out kickoffs that go into the endzone, returning punts that are kicked behind the 15 yrd line, etc.

I'm one of those fans who feel a high school or college coach shouldn't place the blame of losing on one player. So I don't agree with Stoops on his reaction to the media. But I do assume Stoops, his special teams coach, and his special teams players all know the rules of all the situations they could be in.