Stories about ULaLa fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

After reading the thread about the news writer for ULL and the things she said I thought it would be funny to have people tell personal stories about dealing with ULaLa.

Here is mine....

Back in the day I dont remember what year it was but a few years back. During the Regionals in Baseball ULL was playing at Tiger Staduim and their fans were just getting on EVERYONEs nerves. This was also when LSU and ULL got into the fight on the field.

Anyway there was this jackass in the stands that felt the need to bring, wear and play his washboard throughout the game, really pissing off everyone behind homeplate. There was alot of talk about people wanting to walk up and take it from him and a bunch of other things. Well nothing happened. So at the time I was living on Aster St which is only 3 blocks away from The Box.

So before the next ULL game I went home got some cardboard and tin foil and made my own washboard. Wore it to the game and presided to beat the crap out of the thing everytime he started playing his. Now I was using a rubbermaid whisk and spoon.

Anyway after the game there were some drunken words exchanged and that was about it.

Not very good, no fighting or anything like that but it was FUNNY as HELL

2. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

And, I know what all of you are thinking?

You can't make these things up. I was right there besides Crip watching and laughing hysterically.

Also, during that regional was when I first witnessed every USL fan stand and clap in unison to John Fogerty's (sp?) "Centerfield." If that wasn't enough, the simultaneous point to centerfield as the words "I can be...centerfield," was even more ridiculous.

It definitely ranks in top 5 cheesiest moments ever witnessed

3. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Nice, Crip. :hihi: Youda man. :thumb:

4. clair

clair Rockets

My story is brief:

Last time we played them in football, one of their fans told me they had a chance to win. :lol:

5. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Boy, did I see that coming.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I like the link above to their forum.

"ULL (USL) Forum"

7. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

who won the series?

8. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

Well....beleive it or not...some fans still think they have a chance on sept. 2!! :dis: Was just talking to a buddy who teaches at Acadiana and graduated from USL asked me what am i going to do when LSU loses?? I told him to stop dreaming and concentrate on the tough sunbelt conference games they have coming up and to BUSTLE UP!!

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Their fans were equally obnoxious at another regional in the past few years. Drove me up a wall. There was one drunk a-hole holding onto the screen behind home plate, shaking it, and screaming. I couldn't tell what he was screaming tho. He was too freakin drunk to tell. Plus he was wearing a ull flag as a cape and jumping around like a maniac trying to be some sort of superman.

And a little kid was screaming - at the top of his lungs - right behind us "pick out a tree" for EVERY ull batter that came up. I wanted to stuff the drunk's cape down his little throat. Now, when he really wants to irritate me, my husband will yell (even at the computer when we are listening to games) "pick out a tree". I want to slap the snot out of him!

10. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Identity crisis ?

I live in Broussard and work in Lafayette. If you drive around here you will see ten times more LSU stickers, plates, caps etc. The problem here is that the hard core ULaLa (USL) fans define a ULaLa (USL) fan as someone who has to hate LSU. As a result ULaLa (USL) will not see a dime of my money and many other LSU fans around here. Their own alum don't attend the football games because most of them are at the LSU game. Frankly, I'm very weary of hearing this small minority's BS. I hope we beat the dogsh*t out of them.