Stories about ULaLa fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Aug 23, 2006.

1. clair

clair Rockets

agreed 100%

the more pure of a ULL fan you are, the most you see the true colors shine through

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I moved to Lafayette (from Houma) when I was 4 yrs old and lived there until finishing high school and going to LSU from '95-00. I grew up in an LSU family and genuinely attempted to also cheer for the Cajuns. If the "hard core USL fans that has to hate LSU" were just a few here and there, I could've been a fan of both. There were just too many of them with way too much anti-LSU sentiment. The fact that LSU fans outnumber the USL fans in Lafayette is probably difficult to deal with for the Cajuns. I'm still a big fan of Jake Delhomme and Brian Mitchell (retired) and I'll still root for them to make the Big Dance each year. It's just impossible to forget all of the obnoxious kids putting down LSU over the years over and over and over again.

I've told my USL story on here at least once in the past. I moved to Houston in 2001 and the "UL" movement was in full force. During 2003 (or maybe 2004) right before March Madness, I was at the bank and saw a guy with a red "UL" hat. It had either "University of Louisiana" or "Cajuns" in smaller print that I noticed but for some reason I felt like being an a$$ that day (not normally my personality). I said, "Hey, UL, alright, you guys have a really good b-ball team this year" and USL did have a pretty good team. He started to say something about how if they can just come together and play with chemistry that they could make some noise in the tourney. At that point, I said, "Well, with Pitino, he's been there before so that always gives the players that extra confidence." I must have been pretty convincing because his face just dropped. He started to explain how "UL" was "University of Louisiana" which was formerly "USL" and such. I kind of cut him off and apologized and just said how I saw "UL" and the fact that his hat was red like Louisiville. Then I just asked if people got confused because they have the same colors and I could tell I was getting under his skin.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Exactly! They HATE being called usl or ull.
    i've been corrected by several of their "fans" about the correct name being ul. i told them to call espn and ask what their name was.

6. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

I was tailgating before the FSU-Miami game last year with friends. Whenever I attend an FSU game, I make sure to wear LSU gear. Anyway, it was a rather large and friendly tailgate. I went back to the keg to get some more beer when I overheard this guy (head to to toe in ULL gear) bitching about LSU. I politely went up and started talking to my roommate who was listening to him. I said hello to the guy and he just turned beat red. I said I heard what he said and just said the head-to-record is 20-0 and that's all you need to say about LSU and USL. I walked away and didn't say anything else. The guy was drunk enough and ended up wanting to fight me an hour later. Good times.

7. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Why do these guys keep trying to confuse us with this talk about Louisville? Louisville is a Top 10 program. ULL is a Top 100 program. See the trend? Each L drops the ranking by an order of magnitude. Silly cajuns.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

:rofl: Awesome... UL^2 < UL.

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I think we all outta just yell at them "Muddogs, Muddogs"

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

actually louisville has always been U of L... anyway... What I find funny is that one the Cajuns message board I post on (rarely because of the complete lack of realism), there is an auto-correct feature that changes ULL to just UL... funny stuff...