Strangest LSU Superfans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by springtxtiger, Aug 4, 2004.

1. springtxtiger

springtxtiger Founding Member

When I was a student at LSU in the early 90s, my favorite superfan was another student who seemed to be a bit mentally handicapped (makes me worry about admissions standards). He was a big guy with a big black mop of hair, and was always in the front row of the student sections at football games, yelling wildly and doing the tomahawk chop for some reason. Everyone called him Mike, but I'm not sure if that was his real name or if he was called that because of his crazy fan status. I lived on campus my freshman year, and I would often see him in the cafeteria talking to himself, or to his food. Does anybody else remember this guy?

2. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

Is that the same guy that used to run up and down the isles at the basketball games?

3. TigerDaddy

TigerDaddy Freshman

His name was Mike something. He went to De La Salle (in NOLA), he was a year ahead of me. He used to do the same stuff in high school. :geaux:

4. jplaf

jplaf Founding Member

I remember him quite well he was called the SUPAFAN. He even had a sweet LSU warmup outfit for the BB games. Me my brother one day after an exam went to the PMAC early for the Kentucky game and got to spend about 2hours with him. Real strange fellow.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I miss "Big Red" at basketball games. He was a portly older gentleman who sat in the middle section for years. During the pregame warmups when everything was link of quiet he would taunt the other team by chanting "TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-TIGERBAIT-", ect.
    for about 5 minutes at the top of his lungs through a megaphone. He was really loud and always got an ovation for it. They eventually took away his megaphone and he had to shout between cupped hands--but he was still loud!

6. Mojo74

Mojo74 Founding Member

Mike Toole.

He lived in Kirby Smith at the same time I did.

7. ABgBdWlf

ABgBdWlf Freshman

Toole was an autistic savant.....

Math Major or something amazingly enough.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I definitely remember him from the b-ball games at the PMAC. One time I was at the Mr. Gatti's buffet near the old Murphy's (around '96) and everyone was watching Sportscenter after LSU had just lost to Michigan and Tractor Traylor in a close game. Anyway, he was sitting by himself talking to the TV nonstop and kept shouting that they should be showing LSU highlights and that LSU was a better team than Michigan. The fact that the PMAC was usually fairly empty made his tirades stand out even more.

9. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I agree with Red55. Nothing like hearing Big Red do his TigerBait chant. I used to see him at Alex Box and my kids loved the guy. :thumb:

10. freddy

freddy Founding Member

I remember Mike also. I remember one time he fell running up the isle in the PMAC, it was pretty ugly, I was surprised he wasn't hurt bad.