Strong, quick response to incompetent coaching...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FirstCoastTiger, Oct 5, 2010.

1. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

No reason to fire Crowton, firing should have taken place years ago but that is water under the bridge. You demote him immediately and fire him at the end of the regular season.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I saw you were the last poster and thought "Gee, I wonder what he has to say?" You never disappoint.

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Outstanding!!!

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I don't totally disagree with your post but I see a lot in this forum about how great Pelini was as a DC, and I agree he was good. But do you know what 43,24,34,10,24,50,14,and 24 represent? The points scored by the last eight teams we played in 07. And the 10 was by La Tech. Not stud. Let's see what Chief's numbers are this year.

1 person likes this.
  5. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I'm just curious. . .What are you basing your comment that Miles is too involved with the Offense on?

Miles has already come out and said that CGC calls the plays on offense, INCLUDING putting Jefferson in at the end of the game last Saturday.

I also don't understand where people are saying that Miles is an Offensive guy from. Didn't he play LB in college and is a big defensive line guy? That doesn't sound like "offensive guy" to me.

Maybe the problem is that Miles has allowed CGC too much free reigns with our offense. Heck, the 1 confirmed play we know Miles called, the Ridley run, was the right call.

1 person likes this.
  6. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

Good point in that we don't see Miles carrying the playbook under his arm on the sideline. My point is that the Crowton-Miles combination is a failure much in the same way the 2 Co-Def. Coordinators experiment was a fiasco. Something needed to change last year honestly but we are where we are. I don't know if Miles has the ability to make a tough call like this so that's why I am saying the LSU Administration needs to step up and do it.
    Does anyone think it was Miles alone that let Peveto and Mallory go? I don't. I think he was forced to.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Miles was an offensive lineman in college, that IMO is problem #1. Those dudes don't know squat about calling plays, they just block. End of story.

As for who is in control of the offense. Does it really matter? Lets just say that it is crowton. If this is the case and I'm the head coach and I know the type of talent that I have on my team he will not be in control of it for another play. Ever. I'd sit his ass in the booth, take the batteries out of his headseat, vow to kill anyone that gave him new ones, and hand him a coloring book and a box of crayons and tell him "I'll be back to get you in 3.5 hours".

NOW, lets just say I'm the head coach and I don't like the OC that much because my ass is on the line and I take measures, maybe not as drastic as what I outlined but I do something. Perhaps I get more involved in the playcalling. I know if I were a HC and was in this situation I would damn sure do something. Notice the difference? Yeah neither do I.

Bottom line is the offense sucks and responsibility is a sonofabitch.

1 person likes this.
  8. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

So wait, are you saying Miles has no idea how to call plays, yet if you were Miles you'd fire CGC and take over calling plays? Wut?

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No, what I am saying is it is impossible to figure out who is doing what! I do not belive that miles is a very good play caller but who can really tell? I know if it was my job on the line I'd find a way to call "better" or to get more execution than what we have been seeing. It isn't happening. That is what I'm saying.

10. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

FYI, Bill Belicheck was a center, Andy Reid, guard.....and so on. I just think that statement is a gross generalization. Miles knows more about offense than you are giving him credit.

But there is some validity in the rest of your point. If I'm in charge and it's my azz on the line and a subordinate is making me look bad and jeopardizing my future, you have to take some kind of action or you'll sink.

Perfect example of an OC bringing down the HC.....Jim Mora and his inept OC Carl Smith.