Strong, quick response to incompetent coaching...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FirstCoastTiger, Oct 5, 2010.

1. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Gee what a thought, you add nothing to the the conversation then following me around from thread to thread holding my nut sack.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yeah, former offensive linemen like Vince Lombardi, John Madden, and Bear Bryant don't know squat about football. :lol:

Here and almost everywhere else, the offensive linemen are usually the smartest players on the team. They have to know more about every play than receivers and backs in order to block the right man, pick up the blitz, and get the right blocking angles.

Remember Rudy Niswanger, who played every position on the line at LSU and won the National Football Foundations Draddy Trophy? Known as the "academic Heisman". it recognizes an individual as the absolute best in the country for his combined academic success and football performance.

Les' issues don't come from what position he played.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Sure those dudes know alot about football. Do you know what else they know? They know they don't know squat about calling a play and they hire good OC's:D

Mike Ditka, TE mother scratcher, Super Bowl playing and coaching. Put that in your pipe and smoke it foghorn.:D

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I figured you for ... I say, I figured you for some kind of a peabrain, knuckle-draggin, slow receiver.

. . . Boy is a sharp as a sack of cotton . . .

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

:lol:

[​IMG]

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You never fail to disappoint amigo.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

And that's why they call it SSSSmack!!!:thumb:

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You realize that LSU fans know everything about football to the point of arguing about minutiae (like the look on Jefferson's face). They study religiously every single aspect of the season.

You realize that they react extremely negatively and vociferously to any failure whether it's an actual or perceived failure. They take everything personally as if the coaches and players insulted them AND their mother, sister, AND their family honor.

You realize that they settle for nothing less than perfection from all aspects of the football program and have completely melted down in the face of an undefeated season. They expect the best and want heads to roll because they haven't won with flair. They DEMAND perfection.

You realize that if this same fanbase demanded HALF as much excellence from themselves...from their marriages...from the educational system...from their elected officials...

...we wouldn't be living in Louisiana any more...we'd be living in freaking utopia...we'd realize the kingdom of heaven here on earth !!!

(But last time I checked, we're still stuck in the mud right here.)

What the hell is going on here? :huh:

1 person likes this.
  9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

But then you wouldn't have material for well thought well stated posts about stuff that matters. Financial necessities (mortgage, food, beer) required I move to Houston in the 90s. If more people lived what you wrote I likely wouldn't have had to move. And I can absolutely guaranty that when people laugh at Louisiana, and they have been for years, they aren't laughing at the football coach. It's the stuff above. The really important stuff.

Thanks for the perspective.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yeah!! And what about Gerry DiNardo? He was -- wait...never mind, you're doing fine without me. :lol: