Study or u wont get tic

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger1958, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

"LSU students who don't keep up their grades will find themselves at the back of the line when football tickets go on sale in May."

"The details are still squishy, Student Government Vice President Patrick Downs said, but students will gain points for attending all LSU sporting events.

Those with the most points get first chance at tickets.

"It rewards the students that go to the games and encourages students to go not only to football, but to other athletic events," Downs said."

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/042105/new_tickets001.shtml

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Thank you Curley and Gerry for always putting a product on the field that all but assured every student that wanted football tickets always got them while I was in college at LSU.

....but #@^# both of you for forcing me to endure watching countless teams sing their fight songs with their fans in jubilation after games!

I like the gpa option for the tickets but granting points for going to other sporting events is a bad policy. With my courseload, I barely had time during the week to make sporting events.

I wonder how many students will enter to get their id scanned, then leave shortly after.....

3. Tiger1958

I'm totally agreed. It is also not fair that 5th & 6th years senior should be low in the totem pole. Some kids does not have money to go to school fulltime the whole four years. I dont think they should be punished for their financial problem. The school should define the meaning of 5th and 6th years senior as full time student for the whole 4 years.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

My last five semesters at LSU, I took almost solely night courses so that I could maintain a full time job and afford to continue going. I was a diehard football fan and never missed a game during my years there. A main part of me continuing to carry a full-time course load was to still be eligible for football tickets. Those years were hell. I think I am still catching up on sleep to this day.

5. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Well the problem I see is that if you get on Ebay you see all these Student tickets being sold. So I agree something needs to be done. I dont see either of these options being the best idea for fixing the problem, but I guess it is a start. But with the GPA how can you jusitfy giving someone in a general studies degree with a great GPA and not the student that is going for Chemical engineering with a slightly lower GPA.

You know how you fix this problem, instead of printing out paper tickets you make the tickets electroinc and have the students scan their id as they walk into the staduim, if they can not make the game then have the option to be able to go to a office and allow them to pass it on to another student that may not have tickets. But I have seen on EBAY people seeing season tickets in the student section for $1000. And that is just wrong.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Well the threshhold is 2.0 so you have to be really doing piss poor not be ineligible for grades. I also think 6th year seniors should be behind Freshman. They have had their time. Let the Frosh experience it for 4 years.

I wish they had the point system when I was in school. I went to every game home and away for football, but did not get either SEC of Sugar Bowl tickets in the lottery during my senior year. I also did not get SEC tickets in 01. In addition to football I went to Gymnastics, swimming, and track meets, softball games, baseball home games and a few road trips, volleyball, and tennis. I felt I was way more die hard and deserving than the jerks that got tickets and sold them for 1500 bucks. I put myself into debt to watch football, my school was covered, but I could not get a Sugar Bowl ticket.

7. Tiger1958

The threshhold is not 2.0 & you spend way too much time for sporting events. It is a friendly advice.

8. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

That works well at AU. Season tickets are 75 dollars for students. If you want to attend the games, you go online a certain day during the summer and buy tickets and the tickets go directly to your i.d.

Also, how many students does LSU have? I think its fairly rediculous to have a 100,000+ seat stadium and all students can't get tickets.

I know UGA also has the same problems...I feel for you guys.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

For the regular season, SG Vice President Patrick Downs said undergraduate students must have a 2.0 GPA or higher and cannot be a sixth year senior. If the student violates either of these stipulations, Downs said the student will be put at the end of priority ticket ordering with freshman.

http://www.lsureveille.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/04/20/4265f2094509c

I graduated in 4 years with honors.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Fifth-year seniors should not be penalized. There are a lot of them. If you change majors late, it almost always costs you another year to pick up the courses you need. It's not about students being lazy or slow (OK, sometimes it is).

But sixth-year seniors are different. They are sometimes just hanging around on a minimum number of hours to stay full-time and not trying particularly hard to graduate, get a job, and start buying season tickets like the rest of us.