Study or u wont get tic

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger1958, Apr 21, 2005.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I agree. I had a part-time job while I was in school. I was off on Saturday evenings, so I was able to go to football games, but I couldn't make all of the mid-week basketball and baseball games! I was working!

2. Carface

Carface What the...?

What the heck makes them want to mess with the system? I think it's fine the way it is, personally.

3. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I dont think it works when students are selling their tickets on ebay when other students are getting left out.

I also think that you should not be able to get bowl tickets unless you have attended the regular season football games, and again all it would take would be a card swipe at the entrance.

4. Carface

Carface What the...?

I'll agree on the post-season tickets, but this past season I had no problems whatsoever getting my CapOne Bowl tickets. I don't believe there were enough sold to warrant a lottery.

The GPA I can understand. Enough said about that.

But I don't know about you, I'd rather have actual physical tickets in hand for a couple reasons. 1. To assure that yes, I can get in. 2. For sentimental reasons. I'll want to keep the ticket for after the game.

The point system for attending other sporting events I don't like either. You're telling me the only way I can get priority is if I attend tennis, swimming and diving, and women's soccer games? There's not enough time in the day. It was a stretch for me to even make it to all the basketball games that I did this season. And I'm still hoping that I can attend at least one baseball game this season.

5. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I agree the paper ticket is reassuring and nostalgic, but when you order then that could be a perk a sheet of tickets not that you could use but to keep.

And the point system for the other sports sucks, but I think you should have a point system for football games and the more you attend should determine postseason tickets and where you would fall next season.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The point system is only relevant to how many other students go to those events. We have a student body of around 30,000. Hardly any of those go to anything besides football, some go to basketball & some go to baseball. This means that if you make the football games plus a few basketball games your already ahead of alot of the student body.

This is merely a way to ration a couple-thousand-to-few tickets. You would only need to go to more events than about 2,000 students - that isn't difficult at all.

Something does need to change. Last year, it was hard to find any freshmen that got tickets for the season. I can't even describe how pissed I'd be if I came to LSU and couldn't get tickets to the games.

GPA - I think it should be a factor. If you can't mantain a 2.0 then maybe you should be studying instead of going to football games.

Also, I think that LSU law gets to many tickets. They deserve to get tickets, yes - but if I remember correctly they had were having a surplus of them and law students could buy more than one set.

7. Carface

Carface What the...?

My friend was a freshman and got tickets. Alot of the ones complaining about not getting any of the tickets are ones who waited. My friend ordered her the very second they went on sale. Damn lazy kids.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Any system beats the one when I started in '73. It was first-come, first served general admission and students that wanted good seats had to start lining up (it was a mob, actually) before 3:00. The student section was bigger then and most students were able to get seats except for really big games.

There were no tickets. They just punched a hole in your ID card and you were in.

9. HittinZX2

HittinZX2 Living to die laughing

In theory the attending other sporting events options sounds good but what if you only really like football. I've just started following baseball and basketball this year but I am a die hard football fan. Plus I work all the time trying to pay for school and can only catch the basketball and baseball games on the radio while delivering pizza.

How is it fair for people working to pay for college and bills to lose some priority over those that have mommy and daddy hand them everything? If my parents paid for school and rent then I would attend just about everything. I don't like this idea, no sir not one bit.:dis:

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I had 18 hours of class and 25 hours of work every week. I made non-football sporting events. Its about time management.