Stupid student ticket question time

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Carface, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

So I just bought my student tickets from the ticket office.

The lady I talked to on the phone said I can buy a set of guest tickets whenever I pick my set up the first week of school. Since I've never done this, the main question I have is this: what are my odds in getting guest tickets whenever I go pick mine up? Is there usually a long line whenever doing this? Any help would be appreciated.

I bet no one answers me, but I will have my fingers crossed.

2. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

There wasn't a long line when I went to pick up my tickets last year, but that doesn't mean there was guest tickets left either!

3. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I got there about 20 minutes before they opened the ticket office last year. There was a long line, but it went fast and I was able to get 2 sets of guest tickets. But make sure you get there early, becuase they will probably have less guest tickets this year since more students will probably be buying student tickets since LSU won the NC.

4. Carface

Carface What the...?

Thanks for the help guys. I'm planning on getting there about an hour/hour and a half early.

5. mike5705

mike5705 Founding Member

anyone know the date in which the student section tickets are able to be picked up??

6. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

they said mid-august in the original ticket e-mail. Yet, I have recieved zero notification. It should be any day now. I am beginning to wonder myself what the hell is going on. I think soon the away student tickets will be lotteried off.

7. Soap

Soap Founding Member

Should get the email at the end of this week I believe.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

It's been about 4 yrs since I was a student and I'm curious if the process is the same. If I have a regular student ticket, I would need an ID to get in but they don't actually scan it so my old "yellow" ID could possibly work (or are these extinct now?)

Or, I could just pay the extra $30 and upgrade to a student guest ticket the day of the game and not need the ID. I'm also assuming I wouldn't necessarily need a student to enter with.

I'm in my mid-20s now and would like to experience the student section at least once more for a big game before I'm the "old guy". I have a couple of cousins who are students now so I may see if I can sit with them for a game.

9. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

A couple of years ago they changed to a new Tiger striped type background for the IDs. The old yellow one would not be accepted anymore.