Successful Season for LSU Basketball team ends ugly

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Mar 17, 2005.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Horrible game tonight versus UAB. About as bad a game as LSU played all season. Mitchell and Hudson going 1 for their first 17 was not in the script.

2. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

What exactly was Brady's gameplan?

After watching LSU play tonight, I felt like I was watching a game at the "Y" or at some pick up game on a playground somewhere.

O.K., LSU tried to play a fast paced game earlier in the season and found out THEN that they couldn't play that style of basketball and that LSU was better suited for a more controlled tempo.

So tonight, knowing that UAB is going to try to get LSU into a run & gun style of play, Brady comes out and lets the team run around like a bunch of players who have never played organized basketball in their lives? It looked as if Brady just flew up to Boise and told the team to go out and play however they want.

There were more poor shots and more out of control play by LSU tonight
    than I care to remember but John Brady just let the B.S. continue. What a pathetic and disorganized effort by LSU. It was simply an embarassment.

I have never before, do not now, and will never understand John Brady and his coaching philosophy. What the Hell was the man thinking?

3. FriedBoudinBall

FriedBoudinBall Founding Member

Re: What exactly was Brady's gameplan?

he's just hoping he can get fired...here's to me hoping it.

i'll give him credit, he did well in the past several games...but this effort tonight overrules all that...

Mike Anderson for LSU bball coach!

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Well you can do all you want to set-up a game paln but when the players are not into the game then there isn't much you can do. You could see we were not into this one and no amount of coaching can correct that. We realized too late that we could still get into this one. How much more of a fire could Brady have lit under these guys? After a while you just have to throw your hands in the air and give up because no matter wha tyou do or say it just wasn't going to happen.

How could he know he would get ZERO scoring from the bench? How could he know Tack would play like he was a freshman in high school (even though he had the intensity that everyone else lacked)? How could he know that this team was going to shoot 34% FG and 18% 3pters? That is the tale of the tape. The team just wasn't into this game point blank...no one could get them in it but themselves.

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Agreed. This is still a season to be proud of. Most of you who are bashing right now, were prolly those at the beginning of the year who said this team was going nowhere quick. The same ones who would rather completely knock these guys then to show them support, that is of course unless they are winning. How quickly people can get on and off of a bandwagon. Those guys did not show up from the tip. They got outhustled and had no heart.

6. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

So the players were simply "not into the game"?

That's some detailed analysis there.
    Man, I never realized that a coach and his staff were so irrelevant.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

7. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

I said a while back that UAB is a really good team and that squeaky johnson was a great player. I think LSU had a great year and over-acheived. I think everything LSU acheived this year was due to tallent though and that brady may be the worst game planning coach in the sec. tonite was embarressing... the plan was to just play into UAB's strengths?

8. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

scrappy you crack me up......

All your insight about fans supposedly jumping on and off a bandwagon is a joke.

If you actually went to any LSU games this year you would realize that the PMAC has been half-empty ALL YEAR LONG. The same situation has existed for several years now.

There aren't many fans who are jumping on or off any bandwagon at all. Even when LSU was on its' run late in the season LSU could barely crack
    9,000 in the PMAC. The criticism of John Brady is well deserved and anyone who can watch the LSU game performance tonight and profess Brady's
    innocense is delusional. Then again, you are pretty young and John Brady is the only LSU head basketball coach you can probably remember. Then there are some of us who have been "jumping on and off the bandwagon" by buying tickets to and attending LSU basketball games since long before you were born. Save your sanctimonious crap for your fellow 18 year olds and the other high schoolers who may actually believe you know what you are talking about.

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Perhaps he wanted to coach himself out of the job. There are a few openings out there that he might want. you never know.

10. Carface

Carface What the...?

Re: scrappy you crack me up......

I read this over a few times and I still can't find a point. Did you hit the green beer tonight?