Successful Season for LSU Basketball team ends ugly

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Mar 17, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Re: scrappy you crack me up......

he's been to most if not all the home games this year where they went undefeated in conference play. he actually buys tickets when he could probably get em for free.

the fact you're much older and he can talk more as an adult is an indictment on you, not him.

yes he probably remembers dale's last year when we were 10-20. the good old days.

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Re: scrappy you crack me up......

Thanks Tirk. I do remember Daddy Dales great runs there at the end. Oh yes, the good old days of what 5 straight great seasons to end his LSU career. Marred in sanctions by the NCAA. "Ohhh the way Glen Miller played, Songs that made the hit parade...guys like us we had it made...Those were the Days..".lol I do have to find my own way into games. I dont get in with media credentials. I also dont have to attend games but I choose to. I think this gives me a right to speak my mind. Also, just b/c I'm 18 doesnt mean I dont know what I'm talking about . If you cant handle being out talked by an 18 year old, dont let the door hit you dude. :thumb:

3. Carface

Carface What the...?

Re: What exactly was Brady's gameplan?

He could be the guy that keeps making those asinine calls in to the show... hmmm this could be going somewhere...

4. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Dont think so. I think I have an idea of who that guy is. This is just another one of those " your 18 and from Missouri you have no idea what your talking about" kinda guys. LOL. I've learned to not let them bother me anymore.

5. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

scrappy, what point did you make here?

Other than your normal B.S. you didn't address your silly comments about "bandwagon" LSU fans.

Like I stated earlier, LSU fans aren't jumping on and off any bandwagon and they haven't been for several years because there is tremendous apathy surrounding the LSU basketball program at this time. If you truly have attended many games this year in the PMAC then you certainly should have
    all the empty seats. So what "bandwagon" are you talking about?

Just like your radio show, you talk quite a lot but actually say very little. Your comments, as usual, are senseless.

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Re: So the players were simply "not into the game"?

Yes...if you don't come to play you won't be successful. UAB came to play, LSU did not. Simple as that. A coach can only coach...the team has to play...and we didn't tonight. Simple as that.

Similar things were said about Dale Brown. He was a great motivator but a bad coach. He could get underachievers up to knock off Goliath and was put on a pedestal but couldn't coach when he had the talent yet they made the NCAA's on a regular basis and went deep several times. But it took him 10 years to get to that point.

Brady inherited a program that was in a desperate position and has only recently been able to take advantage of a full scholorship program. He has recruited top players, and some suspect ones, but all coaches do that. He has had some bad years but this one he turned around when it looked as if they were on the brink and about to jump. You don't credit that to coaching?

Maybe he could have done a better job tonight...and maybe this team could have showed up to play basketball instead of looking for UAB to fall on the floor and beg for mercy. To me it goes both ways...

7. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Re: scrappy, what point did you make here?

Well by Bandwagon, I mean this board earlier today and the days leading up to this was full of "LSU will beat UAB and could beat Arizona" and nothing but positive things. People were giving Brady credit and all that good stuff. Now that they lose everyone has jumped ship. My bandwagon fans did not refer to the people in the PMAC. And yes Pal I did attend every home game sans the Mcneese game. My comments are not senseless. They actually make a lot of sense a lot of the time. You, like some others, just choose to not like what I have to say b/c I'm 18 or whatever the reason may be. But, I dont care. I think I make very valid points on a lot of subjects. You seem to be one of those that is set on not liking me. Dont Care.

8. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Guys, the support isn't there because this team doesn't play consistently...The success is never stretched out over an entire season...The team always has turmoil and always seems to play down to its level of competition and end up losing disastrously at what seems to be the most inopportune times...

When your fanbase doens't know what kind of product its going to get put on the court in front of it, and the consistency isn't there, the results will speak for themselves...People just will not show up...

I think it's kind of funny that you all ignore the fact that people haven't been showing up since Lloreda's junior year...Going on 3 seasons now...

The consistency is the key...I think he'll probably stay...But, he has to sustain the success over an entire season before the fans will show back up...It's just the maddening inconsistency...

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

But, they are consistently in the post season. Again, if Jaime doesnt happen 2 years ago, that would be 3 years in a row in the tourney. Then 4 of 5 overall. I agree that this team does play down to competition. And, at times they do lack a certain consistency during the season, but the fact is, they have gone dancing 3 of 5 years. Thats fairly consistent. Bottom line is, I'm judging a coach on if the program is better now then when he got it. To me, Brady has done a good job and is helping LSU get back up the totum pole so to speak.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I agree with that to a large degree. another % of that is the direct result of john brady's personality which has rubbed many the wrong way which I posted weeks ago saying I thought it was too far gone. He and the fans, that is.

Many people did jump on the bandwagon which is normal when a team wins and this team was on a very good run until tonight. they have been very impressive and brady impressed me beyond my expectations.

yet, I still didnt believe that would be enough after a showing like tonight. I knew people would jump ship as soon as there was any leak whatsoever and I feared it. it was an awful matchup and i had UAB on my bracket as proof.

And you're right in the fact that a lot of that is John Brady's fault himself and he is liable. I would never excuse him for his own p.r. problems because that is part of his job regardless if its fair or not. it comes with the territory.

This was the absolute worst way he could have ended the season for himself and the program as a whole.

Now he's left with an excellent regular season which showed he could get his team to perform and rally when the odds were stacked against them;

yet now the door has swung wide open since even his biggest supporters will have some doubt and his naysayers are locked and loaded.

Ive always been in the middle with Brady and as of now I still am. I do not think he's a great coach nor do I think he is bad. far from it.

I think he's a good coach with a personality disorder. Whenever it will cost him his job I am not sure. All coaches are hired to be fired and he is no different.

he is never short of controversy. it is who he is. He cannot escape it...so it seems.