Successful Season for LSU Basketball team ends ugly

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Mar 17, 2005.

1. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Re: So the players were simply "not into the game"?

How soon we forget...or are you not up in age like I am to remember the Dale Brown era. Those teams were always up and down. Play like a top ten team one week and like a playground team the next. It's nothing new. Even during the Final Four runs they had times that they were not playing well especially in 86. They barely made the tournament then went on a tear. The only other realistic chance they had at a national title they were flat out coached when they had the team to beat. And who can forget Shaq, Chris Jackson, Stanley Roberts...jeez those guys should have dominated.

Brady is working on consistancy...I mean 20-10? Alot teams would kill for a record like that. It's one hell of a jump from last season. If Bass stays it only gets better. Another dominant player and we have an excellent chance at being a pretty good power next season. I too was a little disturbed by the way Coach Brady handled himself and his players in the past but it seems to be a kinder, gentler Brady...and he put together an impressive run to boot. It's not over...say all you want about the man.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I agree with most of your post but 1 big difference in that 20-10 record is the non-conference schedule.
    Brady plays mostly cupcakes while Dale did play some of the top teams in the
    country during that non-conference schedule.

Heck, any team from the SEC should be able to beat Centenary, WV, McNeese State. :dis:

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

West Virginia swept pitt also beat NC St and George Washington and have advanced.

yet all the know it alls bitched WVA sucks.

same with Utah who advanced and they have the possible top pick in the NBA draft.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

whats your point?
    I was comparing Brady's non conference schedule to Dale Browns.
    At least we played some good teams like Georgetown, UNLV, Arizona, not just teams like WV, Centenary, etc.
    I was being a little bit sarcastic but so what?
    I'm in a pissy mood right now, Terry Schivo thing and a few other things have
    gotten my goat!

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

we should beat all those crappy teams who have advanced in the trny. excellent point.