Such pessimism.....(sp?)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shaqazoolu, Oct 12, 2003.

1. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

Man, yall need to cheer up. I am startin to get depressed. I was plenty aggravated yesterday when we lost but today i lurk about and all I see is negative stuff about LSU. So we didn't play good....at all..... I agree with most of the offense bashing but can we maybe look forward to next week instead of focusing on the loss. I liked it better when everyone here was happy. Just felt like bein a nerd since I should be studyin right now......

2. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

you cant get down on the team. I agree. They need our fans to support them. This week will be rough for them. It will take a ton to get back up for USC on the road. They want to win more than we want them to win. ( I think .....hope) . Things have to get better. The PAC 10 folks are starting to get under my skin, about the SEC is over rated. I would love to see So Cal and Wash State take a beating. Notre Dame can help out this week

3. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

THanks for this thread. I have read a lot of negative sheot on some other threads that really pissed me off. whaaa, whhaaa this and that. I say this was one game...hopefully an eye-opener for the players. Pressure of being undefeated is gone. Now let's run the table.

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I think that is the key. I didn't like all the "We will go Undefeated" posts. Yes it was possible, but to say that 5 games into the season was ridiculous. Now that the national pressure is gone, we can go out and surprise some people :)

5. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

yes, I liked being undefeated, but this is not the end of the world.....I knew as well as everyone else, that the odds of LSU going undefeated was slim to none, it wasn't going to happen....Its the SEC, it doesn't happen...... There are teams ahead of us that we really need to beat, maybe this loss will help us win those games. Maybe we needed a wake-up call

6. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

my thoughts exactly!:geaux:

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Tiger Dabbs quote:

OK, sour---man...(how fitting), have the tigers done anything 'decent' in your eyes this year?? All I have heard is negativity since you came on board. Can you see any bright spots? please enlighten us...

So u attack me and then leave the board without responding
    to my response.

1st of all, You should've read the whole post, I was responding to
    a question.

2nd of all, You should've read my other posts, I've been positive,
    all day.

3rd of all I will give my opinion here whether u approve or not,
    especially the way the offense performed against Georgia and
    Florida.
    That's where we dissagree.
    In my opinion its not a one game problem.

U can sit on here and talk about pessimism all u want.
    If I thought it was just one game I wouldn't have been as worried. It's not like our team played a great game and lost.

I want to see LSU like the Miami Hurricanes, or Oklahoma Sooners, I don't want us to beat a number 1 team or whatever
    and then lose the games we should win, not like the other day.
    Maybe I want to much to soon but I think Nick wants what I
    want along with some other fans here.

I have a lot of confidence in Nick Saban
    and Jimbo Fisher as well as the whole football staff.

Hopefully they can pull things together like they did in 2001.

I'm sorry if u didn't like me coming here at first and saying
    what I did, I was frustrated and upset, maybe that was wrong.

I think Nick is the best coach here since Arnsbarger
    he sure is a hell of a recruiter too.

I don't remember the last time we had a defense this good.

Btw I don't remember the last time we had a recruiting
    class in football and basketball like this year.

All I see is positives for the future.

I'm sorry again, maybe I overreacted

Geaux Tigers

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Why did you post all that crap here, Sour? This is the third or fourth time I have seen random rebuttles posted in unrelated threads. If you want to reply to something someone said, do it in the right thread. Also, there is a quote button.

9. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

OK, first I didn't know I was supposed to sit around and wait for a response. It's a message board..not instant messenger. I post when I can.

I think everyone was upset with the way the game played out. I think you have to give UF a little credit though. They did their homework and stepped it up after an embarrassing loss to ole piss.

I just got pissed off at all the negativity and Mauck bashing that I have seen Sun & Mon....and possibly replied out of frustration myself. I accept your apology and offer my own.

Look ahead and not behind. :geaux:

10. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Look, it was a loss...even an SEC loss, but it was NOT an SEC West loss. The Tigers are still in control of their destiny. They will still make it to the SECCG (the REAL goal), if they take care of their own business. There is no reason to believe that this team doesn't have what it takes to be playing in Atlanta if they treat each game with the respect it deserves. Poll rankings are rarely remembered the following season, unless you FINISH #1. SEC titles, however, go into the books and stay there forever. That's where the focus needs to be. Bring on the 'cocks!
    :geaux: :lsug: