Sucks to be Tulane.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Jul 27, 2009.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Did LSU seek a 10-year contract with Tulane or were they highly "encouraged" :)yelwink2:) by elected officials to make it happen?

A few years back I recall several elected officials demanding that LSU play in-state schools. I'm trying to remember specifics but no names are ringing a bell. maybe somebody else knows.

If we have an obligation, then play the games or pay them off. After that, I could care less if we ever play Tulane again.

I'm not buying a three-game baseball package to see LSU play at Tulane and I'm really not sure if I'll go back and watch the Tigers play Tulane in the Dome.

Scott Cowen can keep whining about how his sorry athletic program can't compete with the Little Sisters of the Poor. We tried to save their program and yet they continue to whine and cry. Enough!...just say NO to Toolame!

2. clair

clair Rockets

The exposure that will bring in recruits, which will keep LSU dominant will keep lots of $$$$$$$$ in Louisiana, too.

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i would think LSU gets a cut of the gate. week 1 games are usually pretty terrible so i agree with clair on exposure plus it's even more exposure in ga. which miles and co has already made great inroads (sp?).

4. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

I'm not really sure what to say, this just leaves me at a loss for words. :confused:

5. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

Sometimes a team's overall record doesn't accurately reflects how good/bad a team "coulda, shoulda, woulda" been... a play here, a play there, a few key injuries on a team without a lot of depth/experience, and all of a sudden a team that was likely good enough to go 6-6 finds itself 2-10. I'm not saying Tulane last season was going to go undefeated if their special teams play didn't give up so many blocked kicks and touchdowns, or if they hadn't had those injuries, but they would have won a few more games than they did.

(In case you couldn't tell, I'm not anti-Tulane football - in fact I pull for them when they aren't playing LSU.)

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I cant tell you how good it is to know we are getting into one of these kickoff games after all the garbage I hear from the gumps. They brag on and on about how much they are in demand because they get 2 kickoff games in a fuggin row. They are supposedly negotiating for a kickoff game next year in the Cowboys new stadium which would pizz me off even more but I dont really believe it. Just another gump pipe dream.

7. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Tulane has been losing for umpteen decades, they're being "turned around" from what? to what? a coulda-woulda 6-6 season? Tulane losing is like the sun coming up in the morning, it's the way things are.

:rolleye33: Any other closet Tulane fans on TF? Are we being infiltrated?

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Perfect solution - get that miserable game off the schedule every year. that way you can cheer for Tulane every game.

9. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Wow!...we're up to 19 posts about Tulane. That's more posts than they have fans. :grin:

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Brett, when you're talking about how a bad play here, and a bad play there kept your team from going .500, your team is not on the verge of a turnaround. Just sayin'....