Obama Suddenly, Obamacare is more unpopular than ever

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Aug 1, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

http://hsrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=A2KK_eS3...ldmVyLw--/RS=^ADAm1jc5Zoef45aHU1z9p7hWo4TNx8-

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Well, duh. It doesn't cover Ebola related issues. Why bring the infected to Atlanta? There are 3 other contamination centers and there is a CCG to think about. Matter of fact, why are they coming back to the US at all? Is there a really good reason?

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

On another note, was reading about how serious drought was getting in Cali. You still bathing ya lil stinka. ;)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

[​IMG]

Good lord. Look at the curve the story offers. Obamacare unfavorability has gone from 50% to 53% in four years! What a non-story!

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Bigger fish to fry IMO. Plus I hate my health care. The entire system sucks. I had a CT scan and they said because I had insurance it was like 2K and with out it 4K +. Like what the hell.

I had to shell out my deductible and now everything for the year is 80/20. :( on top of the monthly premiums.

I've thought about looking into Obama care. Not sure if I would save. Company has us on BCBS PPO.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well of course the real people hate it.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That is the problem. The Republicans want Obamacare to disappear, but ignore that the existing care systems sucked and costs were rising at an unsustainable rate. If they ever manage to destroy Obamacare, they will have to turn around and create a system that is just like it, wasting years and $billions over partisan politics.

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

This is one of many, many, many things wrong with healthcare. I think the principle of OBAMACARE is great, it was just like any other gov't program, implemented poorly by poorly trained idiots, and by implemented I mean verbally (lies) administratively (exchanges) and financially, (well we have not even gotten there yet.

The deal on the different rates. Insurance plans get discounts from provider's charges by promising to bring a certain number of patients to the care giver (by listing the care giver as "in network" in their marketing shit). The provider is assured of making 20 bucks on 50 people rather than 200 bucks on 2 people.

This is another reason that health insurance plan is CRITICAL. You get the network discount, even if your plan pays squat, you are going in paying so much less than an uninsured. And who pays for the uninsured? Yep, you and me. It is a disgusting cycle of ever higher charges to cover those that are not insured, and therefore owing a bunch more.

Yeah, there is no winner, amongst the common man, in either current, prior, or even O'care.

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

It is not always like this. At our pediatrician, since I was insured, the office visit cost us MORE. They had a cash rate that was about 60% of what the insured rate was. I wanted to pay cash, but they knew I was insured and insisted I pay the rate set up for my insurance co.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

The drought seems to be getting worse. And then the DWP in LA County fails to deal with 100 year-old pipes and a massive flood happens with anywhere from 35k-75k gallons a minute pumping, most of it onto the ucla campus (I do feel sorta bad about that). Then the small stuff that irritates. If a homeowner lets their lawn brown up a little by cutting back on watering, homeowner association nazi's show up to assess fines and send nasty letters.

I do my part by swimming in the pool. :)