Obama Suddenly, Obamacare is more unpopular than ever

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Aug 1, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Maybe. I am still trying to decipher bullshit from both sides and would not wast this on red cause he's too hard-headed and, frankly, I don't think he realizes when he's not 100% correct.

http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEV7s2knxVqQgAYxkPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTEzOWQ1bjdlBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDRkZHRTAxXzEEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1434256055/RO=10/RU=http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2014/10/23/now-there-can-be-no-doubt-obamacare-will-increase-non-group-premiums-in-nearly-all-states//RK=0/RS=7wcYtm6uiNyZ5rz2x666GoRauVE-

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Yet you ignore the valid points backed up by data that:
    1) Insurance premiums are growing by double digits. This according to data from all over. NOT AN OPINION.
    2) Emergency room visits for non emergencies are NOT declining but going up.
    3) Medicare cost attributed to ACA are going up.
    The author gave his opinion based on facts Red. IMO the NYT & LAT are left wing opinion rags and their editiorializing is no different than FOX or MSNBC.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Fact of the matter is, people still can't afford to see doctors, and I agree even now people with insurance seem to be the ones that are paying the price.

Honestly before ACA people were using the ER as a doctors office and not paying for it, that cost was passed on to us, they still are and now people are also willing to say screw your little fine, I'll pay that and most that do it's taken out of their thousands they get back in federal returns because they have 5 or 6 kids so they never see the loss. And who pays for it? We do, people with insurance.

Winston1 likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Funny but the one's I'd known to use ER as a doctor's office had medical cards. I've been told of cases where they walk out of a waiting room to go to ER cause they didn't want to wait.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

King vs Burwell which could be decided this week will likely result in the removal of subsidies, meaning customers would be responsible for the full amount of their premiums.

"The 6.4 million Obamacare customers who are risk of losing financial aid from a pending Supreme Court case would end up paying an average of $3,300 more annually for their health insurance if subsidies are taken away, a new analysis finds.

That kind of sticker shock in turn could lead to many of those HealthCare.gov enrollees dropping their coverage instead of trying to dig deeper into their wallets, the Avalere Health report released Tuesday says.

Customers in Alaska would face the biggest hit, with premiums an average of $6,400 higher for the year. Those in Arizona would see the lowest average premium increase, about $1,900 annually, according to Avalere.

People in the 32 other states at risk from the case, who all rely on the federal Obamacare exchange for enrollment services, would see average premium increases of anywhere from $5,100 annually in Wyoming to $2,500 in several other states."
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/insu...bills-without-subsidy/ar-AAbHBsV?ocid=DELLDHP

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That's another 6.4 million citizens that will not be voting for Republican candidates in 2016.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"US insurers have asked for double-digit increases for about third of the health insurance plans listed on the national healthcare exchange, a report has found.

The AgileHeathInsurance.com report found that 7% of plans sold on the exchange have proposed a rate increase of at least 30%, and 14% of the plans have proposed a rate increase of at least 20%.

Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), commonly referred to as Obamacare, the new rates would go into effect come November, at the beginning of the open enrolment period for 2016.

At a July town hall in Tennessee, Barack Obama said that he expected the rates to “come in significantly lower than what’s being requested”.

Yet a month later, a proposed 36% rate hike by BlueCross was approved."

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I wonder at what point we as a country are going to get serious about healthcare costs. It certainly hasn't happened yet. It's not a democrat/republican thing either as no one is serious about it. Everyone is focusing on who should pay for it not enacting laws to combat rising costs. The easiest place to start is prescription drugs. Its a travesty that we pay so much more than other nations.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I saw a story a few weeks ago. Some hedge fund manager bought the rights to some drug that cost $13 a pill. Then he raised the price to $750 a pill. He should be shot

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Health costs have been rising like this for 30 years. Does anybody seriously believe that if Obamacare is abolished, that health costs will go down? I have some land in south Terrebone to sell you.