Obama Suddenly, Obamacare is more unpopular than ever

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They make aluminum

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

KFF has been doing work and studies on health care policy, especially its affect on communities since at least 1996. Used to use them as a source ALL THE TIME when I was in the health care administration business. They seem to have a very even handed approach to data analysis, though it seemed to me a lot of the questions they were answering were pretty "health for all" based questions. I used the source frequently with total confidence and was never attacked for it.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not at all. The article was misleading and characterized the chart improperly. The Kaiser Family Foundation data was good, but author of the article was spinning like a top. "Suddenly, Obamacare is more unpopular than ever". Not only does the largely flat graph fail to suggest any "sudden" drop, the author minimized that the change has only been 3% since Obamacare was instituted. Nor did it note that it has changed positions several times and could do so again. "People seemingly made up their minds about the law last month" is bullshit, the graph does nothing to suggest that. "One of the biggest opinion swings ever", which is to say it is NOT the biggest swing in opinion.

In fairness, if you hang in to the last two paragraphs of the article, the author does recognize what else the data shows.

"I think we're going to have to wait and see what this looks like in future months," Altman said. "It may be a blip."

Still, about 6 in 10 people said they’d prefer to keep the law and improve it. That includes a strong majority of Democrats (86 percent), most independents (58 percent) and almost a third of Republicans.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

But here's the biggun ya lying sum beyotch. Say uncle, bitch.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

People hate Obamacare, but they love the benefits it provides...

6. LSUTiga

I've been loving the benefits my insurance provides for many years.

7. red55

OK, I'll call you Uncle Bitch from now on. You can't debate worth a shit, but you bitch really well.

8. LSUTiga

It's not a debate. I told you something...and was write. When a person knows their shit they don't argue, they let the facts talk. You just got served...again.

9. red55

Yep, I guess you were write! Let the facts talk!

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

So one of the ACA's chief architects admits that a lack of transparency is what helped get it passed...."the stupidity of the American people".
    Damn. Sad. Pathetic.