Obama Suddenly, Obamacare is more unpopular than ever

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Now you're making things up Red. It was well reported. Prove me wrong. You relish Google and research.
    How can there be concessions when republicans weren't in the law writing sessions? Talk about making up history. You've made claims without support. Prove it.
    Again you ignore the fact he was governor of the most democrat liberal state. Also If I'm supposed to defend every republican idea can I expect you to defend every proposed law of E Warren, Al Sharpton (he ran for president as a D) or my favorite congresswoman Lee of Houston? It's a tired claim Red.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Haven't read through- and not going to- thread but I still say phuck Obmamacare. 12% increase and I was FINE with what I had before.

Winston1 likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Do your own research. I quoted George Bush.

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Bush-claims-mandate-sets-2nd-term-goals-I-2637116.php

So, what exactly did Obama say and when did he say it? I only asked you to quote it in context instead of the spin you put on it. But you declined.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Thank you for your . . . analysis.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I've managed to hang on to my old plan through extensions and changing NY renewal date but in 6 months, mine goes up about 80%.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Thread title, bitch. Still unpopular here- even moreso than when I posted this.

Yeah well that 12% was my share. My employer's is more. Don't remember exactly but off the chain.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

More of the hidden costs of Obamacare. http://bigstory.ap.org/urn:publicid:ap.org:5b78b19e5b344476b0f8bde05c743721
    The tax insurance companies pay under Obamacare are being passed down to the states' Medicare funds. This will take $13,000,000,000 a year from their funds. Of course this takes money from the very place needed to support those in need.
    I'm sure Red and other defenders will say it only natural that companies pass their costs down the consumer...and they are correct. However what is happening is that rather than the so called noble goal of insuring all they are taking money from that goal and refunding big insurance.
    As I noted long ago this is a deal between the president and big insurance, big pharma and big hospitals for their profit and survival. Another issue that will affect the future financial viability is the medical device tax this is a major funding source yet it keeps getting postponed and will likely be eliminated. Who will pay for its loss? The taxpayers of course.
    There are more hidden traps yet to come. Wait till the Cadillac plans are targeted for taxes as originally scheduled. What will the unions say as their plans will be some of those caught. Obama delayed it twice. Once past the 2012 elections and again past 2014. Wonder why he did that? He knew the backlash would hurt him and the Ds badly.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So can the Republicans in Congress get off their asses and maybe come up with some ideas to fix Obamacare instead of just trying to kill it and saying shit like its the worse thing since slavery. Oh wait that was that lunatic Ben Carson. Seriously though, fix it. And therein lies the problem, they can't because they all a bunch of snake handling idiots who couldn't govern their way out of a paper bag. All they have done in the past 8 years is deny science, shut down the government, obstruct, try to add anti abortion legislation to every to everything possible and rant about Obama. That's it... Oh and they even managed to strike down a bill that would have allowed veterans with ptsd to have access to marijuana. The do nothing congress strikes again. No ideas, no brains, gripping onto the past like a 26 inch belt on a 36 inch waist.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Fair point LaSalle the Rs have not done enough to put forth a viable alternative. While they deserve criticism that doesn't excuse the failures of this law and the way it has been poorly designed and managed or the corruption that was part of its inception.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't disagree with you at all. In fact I don't think it's a good law. It has its good parts but overall it's a crumby law.