Obama Suddenly, Obamacare is more unpopular than ever

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Gee Red you agree with me. That is just what I said before the sentence you quoted. Perhaps you're learning after all. LOL

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No kidding I would have never guessed.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I understand your distrust of politicians. However politicians are better than dictators; we have the ability to throw them out if we have the guts. It's up to you and all of us to muzzle them.
    Moreso state politicians can do less damage per effort than national politicians.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's not what you said. You are suggesting that there is too much power in federal government and most of it should be handled by the states. I do not agree with that. I think there is a proper balance to be achieved and that we are approximately there and have been for a long time. I think Republicans advocate more power to the states because they think they can get their way easier in the states that they care about, regardless of whether it is a good thing for the nation or not.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You assume what I think Red. You despite you claim otherwise put me in the extreme right wing. I absolutely agree there is a important role for the federal government and believe it needs to be larger than it did even 50 years ago. I want it to be smarter though and that is tough to do. I also wish it would grow reluctantly
    Unfortunately too many on the right act the same as those I decry on the left....they want the central government to do thier bidding and intrude on what they consider important. However I don't think they are as deep into that as the left is. Much of what the right wants is reactionary and harks back to a time that either never was or never will be again. The left seems to look for new ways to get into individuals business and "take care of us poor unfortunates who can't walk and chew gum at the same time. IMO the left does more to foster dependence than it does to allow for independence and growth.
    I've wandered a little in my answer but there should be a dynamic between state/local and federal power. It should ebb and flow as needed by the times. It can't be set in 1789 or 1945 or 1980 or 2000 and stay the same. We grow and change or we die. However if we don't grow and change with the principles that have allowed us to grow from a small coastal agrarian country to a continental urban technological world super power we will cease to be.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You will never hear me argue against evolution. There is no process as natural or as healthy.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

well gee, any other questions i have about life in general, i'll be sure to run it by you first.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

nevermind