Sugar Bowl loss wakes Stoops up at night.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Sourdoughman, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

His team wasn't good enough to win it this year offensively this year, defensively they were good enough IMP.

You can have a great offense against sub-par opponents and be
    called the best team of all time.

BUT

When you play the really good teams it showed, Kansas St, LSU,
    I'll even through Bama in there to illustrate the difference in playing the big 12 vs the SEC.

OU couldn't run the ball very effectively against these teams much less throw down the field.

Bob Stoops can deny it forever for all I care, his offense was dominated like it had been use to doing to teams by the best
    and #1 Defense in all the land.

He should wake up in cold sweats for being disrespectible to LSU
    for his comments at halftime.

I said right after he said that on this very board that, Not only will his team not be #1 after tonight but his Defense won't either.

He's still in denial that his offense was totally defeated when you look at the stats of the game.

Its rather fortunate for OU that it wasn't any worse, Both mistakes hurt LSU made, but that td that we had on the opening
    drive would've made this game that much worse.

If I was a coach, I would've been happy being in the championship game 2 out of 3 years, winning it the first one and
    that close on the second.

I understand a coach wanting to win the 2nd and having thoughts and dreams about it but...

I don't think he gives LSU's Defense any credit still!

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

It's rediculous. I hope he dwells on that all offseason and it lingers into the beginning of next season. He can say it wasn't a blowout, but he's lucky it wasn't worse than it already was.

3. sos

sos Founding Member

I'll bet the refs have a similar nightmare, only with "Now what is Stoops coming to me to whine about?"

4. BamaBengal

BamaBengal Founding Member

Sounds a little sour grape-ish.

5. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

That's what I was thinking. He has said that LSU was the best defense he faced all year, but he still wonders what happened. Is there an implication that OU should have won but they let it get away? Stoops is teetering on the brink of being disrespectful. All we ask is that you settle on the field. OU and LSU did just that. End of discussion.