Sugar Bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Nov 27, 2010.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Ahhhh that makes sense.

2. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

After the playing field last year, and the fact that we were there last year...

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The field is now artificial turf and not grass. Still Orlando beats the Hell out of Dallas. Plus read option....ouch ....please...no!!!!!!!

4. 18handicap

18handicap Founding Member

Please NO Capital One Bowl. Cotton would be fine with me against Nebraska or Texas A&M. Game is in Arlington - Jerry's World. Don't have to stay in Dallas. Arlington is better and closer for me too.

5. FLTiger

FLTiger Founding Member

The Sugar Bowl will take the highest ranked SEC team (assuming Auburn wins SECCG and goes to BCS national championship game). That looks to be 9-2 Arkansas.

I think LSU goes to Cotton because they can bring fans and we haven't been in quite a while. I figure Bama will go to the Capital One bowl and South Carolina to either the Gator or Outback.

6. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Same here -- would prefer the Capital One against the Big 10.

:geauxtige

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I do. It matters not if we win the bowl game. We need the bowl practice against that very situation. It's clearly a glaring weakness. Give us a month to practice it.

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

why would the rose take TCU over stanford? stanford is going to be a lock for a BCS being in the top 4 and isn't the rose bowl set on a pac 10 vs big ten matchup?

and i thought the sugar bowl loved LSU. this isn't LSU of yesteryear. we travel well even to N.O. i would think the committee would want butts in seats over hotel rooms anyway. tickets and tv draw i think is more important that hotels. but i don't have any inside info so.....

9. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

I would doubt that, buy why would LSU bring more money down to New Orleans? Arky will be in their first BCS bowl game, they'll come out of the woodwork.

10. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Correctamente! It's a National TV presence, a showcase! With most teams sittin' home on their butts stuffing Doritos down their necks, nothing wrong with LSU making good show in Capital or Cotton.